5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2009 1:07 AM by sirgrr RSS

Reasonable Eats in Maui

trvlbg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My fiance and I are traveling to Maui for our honeymoon May 2009. We will be staying at the walilea resort. I've looked at the places the hotels suggests for dining and wow. We are looking for reasonable priced breakfast and lunch and for dinner to be a treat.

Has anybody been there recently and have some suggestions for great food at decent prices? We also plan to spend some time in Honolulu so any suggestions there would be appreciated also.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reasonable Eats in Maui
    platinum4ever Platinum 1 Reviews
    For the Marriott Wailea property, check out the Cheeseburger Island Style restaurant in The Shops at Wailea.  If you like to stretch your legs a bit, this is easily within reach (~ 1/3 mile).  In addition, you should be able to find something in Kihei (by car).  While staying at the Marriott-Waikiki property, my wife and I enjoyed breakfasts at the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant, only a hop, skip and a jump away.  By the way, don't miss out on the opportunity to try Hawaiian French Toast (with the coconut syrup)!  Congratulations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

4everontheroad Platinum 1 Reviews
    Hello:

I was there last year, and there were a couple of restaurants down the road in Kehei that were reasonable including a nice Italian restaurant.  I can't remember where but I will check since we are going there in February.  Enjoy   You can email me if you want and I can make more recommendations.  If you want a sticker shock try the Tommy Bahama Restaurant it's great but hold onto your pocket book.

golfer99 Silver
    If you are close to Lahaina, beleive it or not the Cheeseburger in Paradise offers breakfast and it's pretty reasonable and a good view as well.

lorirobert Platinum
    We spent 2 weeks in Wailea for our 5 year anniversary.  We had a fridge in our room so this is what we did.....go to the Walmart or Costco right near the airport when you first arrive.  We bought bagels, cream cheese, milk, cereal, bread, lunchmeat, paper plates, ziplock bags, etc, and a cheap styrofoam cooler.  We made our own "continental style" breakfast every morning and ate it on the lanai, then packed a lunch in our cooler and brought it to the beach with us, or kept it in the car for trips to Hana and Haleakala, and that left us with money to splurge every night for a great dinner out in Wailea.  As we were checking out, we passed the cooler on to a family with kids that were checking in.  Kehei does have lots of reasonable alternatives to Wailea and is just up the road.   Have a wonderful time and good luck!

sirgrr Platinum

I just created a post that should appear under Maui in the next 24 hours and it should help some. Look for it on this  marriott site and if it is not there, e-mail me and my wife or I will respond. 

There are a few resonable resturants named.  Also there are websites that give resturant listings. Some places have early specials with 25 or more % off. We saw coupons for some of these and found them useful.

Our friends that have been there 4-5 times paid for the guide from this site and love it.  I just went there and as I went to close it an offer to have the guide came for $7.00 instead of the $17.  This guide is from locals that pay for their meals to try and then grade the places.

http://topmauirestaurants.com/

Enjoy!

SIR GRR

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...