90 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2016 4:59 AM by brightlybob RSS

NO MORE CONCIERGE LOUNGES ????

kwhite4919 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

How true is it that marriotts are going to put a cease to all concierge lounges in order to cut costs  (Dec. 14, 2008)? If this is true, I will be very concerned. This is a priviledge and has aided me in deciding to be a loyal  marriott guest, hence my platinum elite status. Has anyone heard this ? Tell me it isnt true.

• NO MORE CONCIERGE LOUNGES ????
    lesliepamel Platinum

Yeh, I've heard that as well. Company must be suffering. I don't thik it's the right deal though. It seems crazy to chase away your loyal customers when customers in general are becoming harder to find.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: NO MORE CONCIERGE LOUNGES ????
    jayslivs Gold
    Agree, Big Mistake! Loyalty is the most important factor here? I find this hard to believe as so many of the guests in the lounge are not gold or platinum but are paying a premium for the "snacks" if you know what I mean.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I've searched the web high and low and can't find anything to confirm this. I'd just assume it's an errant rumor.

kahunapremier Platinum
    RUMOR

nomadictravele Gold
    This is would be suicidal for Marriott if it is true.   The lounge is the draw for  the loyal members.  Are they going to chase us away to see a few dollars.  My recent visits to the lounges during my stay did confirm cost cutting.  But this its to reduce the staff members only.  Please leave a tip for the reminding hard working members.

nomadictravele Gold
    This is would be suicidal for Marriott if it is true.   The lounge is the draw for  the loyal members.  Are they going to chase us away to see a few dollars.  My recent visits to the lounges during my stay did confirm cost cutting.  But this its to reduce the staff members only.  Please leave a tip for the reminding hard working members.

dczerkle Platinum

I have also been recently disappointed by Concierge Lounge cuts.  The lounge at the Newport Beach Marriott was closed the majority of Christmas week and as a gold member I had hoped for an offer of breakfast in the regular restaurant instead.  The staff was not helpful, I felt like I was begging. 

I have been a many year extremely loyal Marriott hotel user,  but this stay has made me reconside.  I will look at other non-Marriott properties in 2009 and beyond.  Marriott wonders why they are losing market share...  

My major point  -- I understand everyone has to make cuts, I understand we are in a recession, however; when you go to the front desk and say "hi, i'm a gold elite member and I think we're supposed to be getting free breakfast today since your concierge lounge is closed for the holiday break" and the manager comes back after 15 minutes with 2 coupons for 1 day, and you need to beg for 2 more coupons (for your entire family) and you need to do this begging each day, it feels like begging...  

annieb Platinum
    This weekend I was very disappointed at the South Beach Marriott in Miami FL, where the Concierge lounge was closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Not only were we unable to have breakfast and Cocktails in a quiet place, but we were unable to retrieve email without paying the price per day connection.  I love Marriott, but certainly will be loyal to other chains that keep up the benefits of the lounges.  Its important to Elite members!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi everyone,

We would like to respond to the thread regarding the rumor that Marriott is closing Concierge lounges.  The answer is no, we are not closing our Concierge Lounges, nor have we reduced any of our Concierge Lounge standards.  However, we have instructed the hotels not to over-achieve, that is, they have been asked to stick with the published benefits outlined in our Terms & Conditions.  So in some specific instances, a member might notice that the offerings aren't currently as rich as they have experienced in the past.   

This is the published standard:  Guaranteed Concierge/Executive Club Lounge* access applies to regular hours of operation at Marriott hotels, JW Marriott hotels and Renaissance hotels worldwide. For Marriott hotels, JW Marriott hotels or Renaissance hotels without a Concierge/Executive Club Lounge or if the Lounge is closed, the guest is entitled to receive a free Healthy Start Breakfast, Monday through Friday. 

*Not available at resort locations 

Here is the link to the Elite Benefits Guarantee page:   https://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/guarantee.mi 

In our International hotels, Executive Lounges at Marriott and Renaissance brands will be closed on Friday afternoons and reopened on Sunday evenings.  The Executive VPs can decide to keep the lounge open 7 days a week if market conditions warrant.  At JW Marriott hotels, lounges are open 7 days a week.

mob1052 Platinum

I understand the watching the budget. It is however nice when you stay at a hotel and you are recognized and they want to go over and above. I go out of my way to stay with ya'll and in business I encourage my staff to over achieve not to  stop at the bare minumum. It is appreciated and people remember the little things and they add up to loyalty to the brand.

lesliepamel Platinum

Dear Miss Marriott, Thanks for that one. I wonder if I was to ask a question related to Marriott Rewards if you could reply directly to my E mail address-Bramhill2@aol.com. I am asking this favour as no one in MR appears capable of stating a sensible answer.

The question is: If I requested a travel package for a Cat 7 hotel, and then found that I was unable to travel there at anytime. So I request that the certificate be reduced to a cat 6 - to give me more flexability- and 20,000 points returned to my account. I am not asking for any alteration to the air or car rental package, just the hotel. WHY CAN'T THIS BE DONE?? It seems simple enough to me. Thank you

macs8259 Platinum
    Over the past two weeks I have been shocked at the change in the level of service provided in the concierge lounge.  At the Marquis in Times Square where I have stayed numerous time the evening fare has been reduced to cheese and crackers and very minimal unhealthy snacks.  Gone are fresh vegetables and dip and the wonderful healthy  options they had provided.  As a platinum member I have been willing to pay a little extra for the benefits received.  At this point I will reconsider where I stay and opt for a cheaper option and another brand that treats its loyal customers well.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Say it isn't so!  First the seven night a week at the JWs go away then this--is there nothing sacred left?  Are Charlie and Joe still there with their friendly staffs?

Hope so--

Thanks for the not so good news--maybe a letter to corporate would make this soon to be cat 8 hotel notice?

Dear Marriott

Sure hope that this is not a trend.  I guess as a lifer with Marriott Rewards, I understand the need to make all benefits cost-effective, but there comes a time when the reduction in those not-so-little things have unintended consequences: I use the lounge at Marriotts for dinner, and to this point have been able to have a fairly consistent healthy (if I stick to my diet) menu on the nights that I stay.  If the lounges become chip and dip bar food servers, then the rationale for staying on the concierge level or having access is diminished.

Please consider giving all Platinum guests the option of not using the lounge, if he or she chooses.  This could be compensated with points added, reduction in room rate, and discounts at hotel restaurants and bars.  The math might favor not having as many in a reduced choice lounge, who can say?

Let me know if this seems like a good idea

hkloban Gold

Dear Marriott;

Thanks for your reply regarding the closing of lounges and the standards that all hotels are supposed to follow.  I do have a problem when you tell certain hotels "not to over achieve".  It's an interesting policy and thank god most other chains don't place these restrictions on their General Managers. 

What you did not address is the issue of charging for drinks in the lounges.  Many Marriott properties that I have stayed with over the past year are now charging for drinks while others do not.   Perhaps you can explain your policy on this. 

I've heard it mentioned time and time again that you have to find ways to cut costs.  At the same time you are preaching this, you are hiking the room rates.  I used to pay an average of 100 USD per night for a room and now my average is about 160 USD per night (on a world-wide basis).  That is a 60% increase over about 5 years.  It is difficult for us to put up with higher charges for less service or amenities.

It's simply not good business to go cheap on your most loyal customers.  My opinion (over 100 room nights per year at various hotels) is that frequent guests should receive lounge access every day of the week, breakfast or snacks in the lounge as well as free drinks, complimentary local phone calls and Internet access.  If this were the case, I think I would only stay in Marriotts instead of spreading my business around.   

I hope you are listening and willing to share your policy on charging for drinks in the lounge, which by the way, in some hotels is more expensive than the lobby bar.  I can provide examples. 

parker1976 Platinum
    After the devaluation of Marriott points, I see that you have now instructed hotels to not "over-acheive."  I guess Marriott changed their policy on customer satisfaction with the new "enhancements" to the rewards program.  Since when does a hospitality company instruct their hotels to not exceed guest expectations?  Especially Elite guests, the ones that spend 100 nights plus a year.  What is wrong with this picture? Why would a company try and cut costs by reducing the service provided to elite guests in the middle of a recession? Especially when these benefits are not exactly expensive to offer, but makes people loyal to a brand?  Marriott....Hire a consultant.  You have obviously lost all rational business thought.

mikaamma Platinum 1 Reviews
    After staying at the Research Triangle Marriott for many years (and hundreds of nights), I find that the evening desert in the concierge lounge has be changed to pretzels and popcorn.  Hardly a welcoming experience. (It had previously been an variety of pies, cakes or at least cookies.)  I suppose this will be called an enhancement as well.

homesick Platinum

I can't believe your instructions actually stated not to over-acheive!  1/2 of my surprise is that you tell that to your hotels, the other 1/2 is surprised that you actually put it into print.  If I ever asked my employees not to over acheive to please our customers - I will soon be looking for new customers. 

Why do you think this is any different with Marriott?  I am already looking for another program.

hawaiiowner Platinum
    How can the Marriott post say they are not cutting back on their lounges and then say the lounges have been instructed not to over-achieve?  IT IS THE SAME STRATEGY AS INCRESING THE # OF POINTS REQUIRED FOR AN AWARD AND CALLING IT AN IMPROVEMENT.

jerrodsdad Platinum 1 Reviews
    After the New Year, I was hitting the road again and my first FS Marriott with a Concierge was the Marina Del Rey Marriott.  I have noticed a definite decrease in offerings in both the morning and evening.  I expect that the Concierge Lounge will eventually go away.  I already have contacted Hilton about moving over to their rewards.  As a Platinum Elite member, Hilton has offered to make me a Diamond member.  I anticipate that Marriott will continue down this self destructive route that they have elected to go. As a result I feel certain I will be moving over to Hilton in the near future.  I hope not,  but I think Marriott thinks most of us will not go.  I believe they would be wrong. Too bad.

artjames Gold

How do you contact Hilton

I will probably move over to them also

rmt0528 Gold

I just don't know how to react to this thread and Im sure I will take heat for this.  So be it.

I read some of these responses and the perception with which I am left is one that indicates a sense of entitlement in some.  Speaking as a Gold Elite member, a long time Marriott traveler, and an MVCI owner, I find the "extras" of the Concierge lounges and other perks nice to have but not ultimately crucial to my travel decisions. The other aspects of customer service have made a much larger impression on me. Finding me a room when there supposedly were not any when I and my family needed to stay there.  Finding me a crib for my infant when there supposedly were "none available."  Going the extra mile to help accommodate me and 18 relatives away on a family reunion when travel plans got mucked up.  THAT'S the type of customer service I expect from Marriott - not whether the Concierge lounge now has chips and munchies instead of veggies and dip.

Yes, Marriott is in the business of customer service and providing amenities to us when we travel on business or pleasure - with or without family.  Marriott is also a business that is accountable to its shareholders.  So while we all want to have the niceties of the Concierge lounge and, perhaps some properties have exceeded expectations by providing something a little extra, in these difficult times all companies are finding ways to cut back to enable them to continue to provide the other top notch services to ALL customers, not just us Elite members.

So please - let's keep our sight on the bigger picture here and not just some creature comforts.

lifetimejones Platinum
    The point is that different Marriott customers have different needs and wishes.  I am a lifetime Platinum member and I own a week at a Marriott resort and I have stayed at every level of Marriott (including foreign resorts and hotels) for over four decades.  To me the Concierge lounge is very important and I care little about many of the things that you find important.  You have your needs and I have mine.  We can each value what we find important but it is not productive to devalue someone else's criteria.  We tend to lobby for what is important to us.  Not having Concierge lounges would critically reduce my loyalty to Marriott.   ...but that's my opinion.

blysky Platinum

If this is truly the case,...I will be using my 925,000 points and moving over to another hotel chain. As with the rest of you, I see this perk as an essential part of the reason I have been loyal to this chain. I also have a corporate mandate with my executives and sales division to stay at the Marriot chain as a first choice.

Marriot stands to lose 200k worth of my collective business in a big hurry.

• concierge changes just another reason to go elsewhere
    alltooff Platinum

Just checked into Memphis Marriott and am disappointed to say the changes are real. The manager basically shrugged is shoulders and explained how it wouldn't be fair to give me a free breakfast and then have me not get the same treament at another Marriott. ???

I have a number of upcoming reservations -- all on points as I have over 1.3 million -- I too will look to use up my points and take my paid stays somewhere with a better loyalty program.

gamoniker Gold
    We are all on the same page here. If Marriott is willing to trim the fat by short-changing its most loyal customers then perhaps it is time for those customers to seek out other rewards programs. 

sorensend Platinum

It's bad enough paying a premium to stay at a marriott vs a Hilton, and not getting little things like Internet access free with status, but cutting out perks like this is making the change to Hilton easier every day.

frisco06 Platinum

I have also noticed a sudden and drastic decrease in the quality of the food in general in the Concierge Lounges. Not only is the quality gone, but also the quantity that is served. The food used to keep coming during the entire service period. Now if you are not camping out at 5:30, you pretty much missed it. The "fresh" fruits look like the picked-over remnants from the Wal-Mart produce isle. The Honor Bar is also pathetic. These may sound like petty complaints, but this was supposed to be one of the perks for spending so many nights, and so much money, with Marriott. It is the little comforts of home that go a long way. If this is how we are to be shown appreciation for hte revenue that we represent to Marriott, I will be switching back to Hilton very soon. I don;t know if they match status or not but I definitely intend on finding out. If they do, it's a done deal.

melhrman Platinum
    I agree.  I have stayed at Marriott's and found the lounge closed due to slow down.  Everything you state aabout the changes I have experienced.

dmilton Platinum 1 Reviews
    Sad indeed. One of the advantages of staying at Marriott was a relaxing moment in the Concierge Lounge. If this is the new wave Hyatt here we come.

globalman Platinum
    You know I must say the concierge experience in going downhill fast.  They are open less and less on weekends and the amenities (let alone the drinks) are scaled way back.  This was a competitive advantage that Marriott used to have....  

tjcnewyork Platinum

globalman (see postscript 4/8 below)

You echo my sentiments.  Marriott Concierge Lounge used to be the hallmark of legendary hospitality. With 88% of the participants responding affirmatively to the survey question on the Insiders home page, "Have you extended a business trip for leisure?" weekend Concierge Lounge closures represent a failure to deliver.

With keyed access, Marriott could have explored a self-service solution for Elites rather than closing lounges completely.  As evident from the posts on flyertalk.com, the open CL on a weekend is the exception.

A self-service Concierge solution conveys, 'continue to deliver' which is very different from, "do not over-achieve'.

What do you think, Elites?  Would restricted keyed-access and self-service Concierge provide value on weekends?

Postscript 4/8:   The following announcement* was posted by a member of the Marriott Concierge Team on Flyertalk yesterday evening:

Just over two weeks ago I announced that Marriott would be reevaluating its Concierge Lounge offerings. All the concerns raised in this thread were discussed; however, the focus of the current change is on food offerings. Based on multiple feedback sources, we learned that hotels needed additional flexibility in the types of popular, healthy, and comfort food selections they offer. Going forward, our General Managers and hospitality teams on property will have options that will help them to customize lounge offerings that meet their guests preferences.

I recognize that many of you would have liked more details regarding this new policy, or perhaps to have seen additional changes. I am optimistic that as you visit our lounges over the next weeks and months you will be pleased with the changes you observe. I assure you that we continue to look for ways to improve and we value your comments, concerns, and questions.

Regards,

Ira

Marriott Concierge Team

marriott.concierge@marriott.com

* Concierge Lounge

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    Most definitely!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We will see?

• HOORAY for CONCIERGE LOUNGES!
    tjcnewyork Platinum

EXCELLENT NEWS for ELITES

Express your viewpoint on the brand that has the best loyalty program: VOTE!.

The following announcement* was posted by a member of the Marriott Concierge Team on Flyertalk, recently.  Does the announcement match your recent experiences?

Just over two weeks ago I announced that Marriott would be reevaluating its Concierge Lounge offerings. All the concerns raised in this thread were discussed; however, the focus of the current change is on food offerings. Based on multiple feedback sources, we learned that hotels needed additional flexibility in the types of popular, healthy, and comfort food selections they offer. Going forward, our General Managers and hospitality teams on property will have options that will help them to customize lounge offerings that meet their guests preferences.

I recognize that many of you would have liked more details regarding this new policy, or perhaps to have seen additional changes. I am optimistic that as you visit our lounges over the next weeks and months you will be pleased with the changes you observe. I assure you that we continue to look for ways to improve and we value your comments, concerns, and questions.

Regards,

Ira

Marriott Concierge Team

marriott.concierge@marriott.com

* Concierge Lounge

** Letter to Elites from Ed French

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
      Why do they make this announcement on "flyer talk" and not here where many complaints are made. Very Disappointing.

• Re: HOORAY for CONCIERGE LOUNGES!
      charleydog Platinum
      Great news, chicken strips two nights in a row is enough.

Too soon to tell since Brand Standard is the rule at the moment. Give the lag time in policy implementation and the ordering que it seems this might take a while.

• Re: HOORAY for non CONCIERGE LOUNGES!
      klaus29 Silver

i have just 1 qustion

why the most expensive hotel in thailand the

jw marriott phuket dont have a concierge lounge?

i think i know why

1.... this place many many insider like it

for same guest is the best marriott hotel in the world.

also the owner why he open a lounge?

all guest are very happy there.  you want your breakfast

free.  there you have to explaine what is a gold ou

platium card,  in thailand you can buy for 6500 bath

a gold card  and then you get a cheaper price

in the restaurant.

but the normal gold ou platinium card with what earn

with the nights what whe spent in different marriotts

hotel  no many employee  know this card on the reception.

then i speak with the manager  and the only results

you get a breakfast free now.  but  for all the rest

you have to pay the owner know what is buisness

and money.  schure its a very nice place i spend every

years 6 months in phuket. and 1 months i stay in the

vocation club.

i dont know if you can make samething dit the

the  jw marriott  open a concirge lounge......

all guest are so happy. and the owner to .

i vergette samething  now  the reception from

the hotel  and the 2 vocation club  phuket beach

club and  mai khao beach beach club know now what

is the real gold and platium card

one more time exuse my englisch but i hopeyou anderstand

• Concierge Lounge Food--Thanks!
      alwaysmarriott Gold

Since you are reviewing food choices, please consider adding more vegetarian choices.  I appreciate the concierge lounge.  That and the rewards are why I only stay at Marriott.  Cheers!

nagutknut Member

Why did I choose to stay with Marriott? -> Consistency & service

Why do I stay at a full service Marriott? -> Convenience

Do I work at weekends? -> Yes

Conclusion: If I don't have the benefit to just grab my breakfast in the morning or some food in the evening/afternoon between two business meetings without waiting for => to be seated, => to be served, => to get the bill - also at the weekends, some people needs to work/travel during weekends as well, especially when travelling overseas - I do not need to stay at a full service hotel (or even at a Marriott brand), Time, flexibility and service counts!!

businessdiva Platinum

Kudos for this decision!  I am so looking forward to  healthier meal choices in the concierge lounges.  It is so challenging to follow a restricted diet whenever traveling. 

I would love to see the nutritional facts displayed with each dish served.  Specifically, the calorie count, fat grams, and cholesterol amounts.

bugsym Gold 2 Reviews

The JW Marriott New Orleans lounge was great.  Had good food offerings and beverages. 

vermonter Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm at a Marriott in Germany for a week over Christmas. Because of the holiday, they've shut down the concierge lounge. Joy to the World!

susank Platinum

Hello:

I would appreciate just getting to access the concierge lounges when I am staying at the Marriott.  While I was in Crystal City, the woman at the front desk insisted I did not qualify for access.  This week I stayed at the Newton Marriott and the lounge is closed for two weeks.  I can't believe that the lounge would be closed for that extended a period of time.  I am returning for two week on Sunday, and frankly have considered using another hotel.

I have been using the Marriott chain for year, but quite frankly the staff has really  gone down hill.  Although, I will say the stafff at the Fair Oaks Marriott in VA I would still give high marks.

SusanK

folsomjack Gold

What is the great news for concierge lounges?

folsomjack Gold

Just recently stayed at Fort Lauderdale North. My preferences for a quiet room away from ice machines and elevators was ignored. Concierge lounge was closed and no offer of buffet breakfast until I indicated that I would be moving to another hotel. Hotel was clearly not close to being full and no offer to upgrade was offered. What is the benefit of Elite status if we have to beg for the benefits that are supposed to be given to Marriott's most loyal patrons?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

not really.  I haven't noticed any cha nges whatsoever. 

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

let's nopt fool ourselves, the consierge rooms are the pitts......  food is horrible, ambience is marginal at best.  

elitepro Member

This uncertaity about concierge lounges has kept us curious for a year now..I still feel that Concierge Club lounges is the best benefit for elites, but is erroding. I am not really concerned about the food offering deteriorating but am concerned that Hotels like the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel don't have a free computer or Wi-Fi in the lounge. It is a hassel to put in a credit card to make a Marriott reservaion. I would rather pay for the 5 minutes use, by signing to the room. 

mdegroot Platinum

As a long time Marriott customer, I have had occasion to be in some locations for extended periods while working on projects. The one thing I can say most guests like myself agree on is the staff in the lounges are top notch but the food choices, especially for long term stays need to be more diverse. I think the main issue is good variety, I know to manage costs and deliver consistently there is a need to repeat selections. I would however recommend that the selections are all tasty and nutritious. If you coupled that with a reasonable rotation of say once a month I think the food selections would be much better received. I realize that each location would have their own choices but I think as a rule of thumb what I mentioned would really increase customer satisfaction and boost the Marriott brand.

bigboat Platinum

Seems like more and more hotels are closing lounges on weekends and NOT providing other breakfast options in the main their cafes.  Amsterdam, Netherlands is an excellent example of this. 

gocubsgo Platinum

There has definitely been an upgrade in the food offering at the C-lounge.  I've noticed beyond the standard fare of nuts, veggies, and cheese and crackers, now a concerted effort for a more well-rounded alternatives.  For example, each of the hotels I stayed at so far this year offered a soup, as well as a tossed salad, and a bite-size "entree".  Those items have been healthy grilled chicken skewers, or a pork loin, or chicken wellington.  Breakfast have been expanded with more hot items, and a wider assortment of breads.

One improvement for night time would be extended hours for meals.  Often, I arrive after 7, and just want to grab something and head to the room.  Most lounges are not setting out anything new and putting out desserts. 

kurlylox Silver

Hello, My husband and I spent 10 days at the Marriott Eaton Centre.  We were part of the family when we ate at the Concierge Lounge.   The talented friendly gracious staff offered us the Marriott hospitality as if we were family.  The freguent guests interaction with the staff amazed me because when the guest walked in the door they spoke as if they were old friends.  Speaking of family members health and special events that have occurred since there last visit to the hotel.The restaurante is excellant.  The Shopping fabulous.  Try Caplanksy for a Jewish Deli sandwich!  When in Toronto you need to be staying at this property. 

submannuc Gold

Hi,

Just to let everyone know I just found on the www.marriott.com web page a listing for concierge level at the JW Marriott Ihilani but when I called to check the hotel offerings out they said they did not have concierge level.

This is a disappointment since I just stayed at the Marriott in Cheaapeak, VA and it was awsome.

Happy traveling.

jgdawgs88 Platinum

most of the concierge lounges in usa are worthless. please go to asia and check out Shenzhen JW, or even the lounge at Sky Marriott HKG. i dont even go into the USA lounges. the employees are generally inattentive, rude, or over employed, the food is terrible and the selection is worse. that is why in USA i stay at Courtyards or Fairfields, the Marriott Brand is not worth the money

submannuc Gold

Hi Team,

Why are there no concierge lounges or levels in HI hotels?

suebed Silver

Although the concierge lounges are for the many travelers who often stay on business and most often are paid by the companies many members stay over 30 or more days a year using up range to 350,000 points. No write offs and alot of times do not reap any of these benefits it would be nice if this services were also offered to some members who build points only to have to book 12 months in advance, hoping to get a room, pay outrages prices for meals, drinks and all the others services.  Alittle thank you to all others who do pay out of pocket would be a pleasure.  How is the lounge??? Hear it is great.  

• This is for a college class i have
      bigbite63 Member

I am looking for a more detailed version of Marriott Incorporations mission statement and vision. If anyone can give me an accurate version of these things that would help be on getting that A+ on my research paper about Marriott International.

sactownphil Silver

There seems to be little consistency in the quality of service or needs of each concierge lounge depending upon which Marriott Hotel that you stay.  Some cater very nicely to all guests, while others could care less.  Having been Rewards and Elite members for many years (gold level this year) and two week MVC owners in Kauai, we naturally expect somewhat better attention to some of our needs or expectations.  This includes the privelege of relaxing after a day of travel or business in an atmosphere away from the hubub of the lobby or closeness of our room.  we would expect the concierge lounges to be open on the weekends and any upgrades to nicer, larger rooms to be automatic.  This has not been the case for us a few times.

On a final note, are the Gold Elite phone lines staffed by well trained and informed personnel?  The last two calls made to this "special" line have indicated that the staffer was not aware of all the Gold Elite promotions available.  We would hope that this would change.  Thanks for the opportunity to air some of my oopinions and concerns.  ..... SactownPhil.