19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 11:05 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris Marriott C-E vs. Renaissance Paris Vendome

sfokent Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am considering using points for a stay at either hotel, since both are Cat 7 hotels.  Can anyone provide feedback as to what perks were received at either hotel for an Elite member?  Does either hotel have an Executive Level/Club for breakfast/drinks?

Rooms at the Renaissance Vendome look really small.  It seems the Marriott C-E are double the size.  Any thoughts?

• Re: Paris Marriott C-E vs. Renaissance Paris Vendome
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Is this your first trip?

I have stayed at both and Vendome allows you to walk to the Louve, N.Dame and there is a lot in that area.  My choice is always the CE first, it is so spectacular to have the action, scenery, easy transportation right there.  The breakfast buffet is second to none and the rooms are very comfortable.  With a metro/rer pass for a few days you will save a lot of money and time.  Good luck! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kkaustin Platinum

I am also interested in this topic since I'm planning a trip.

Can someone provide more information? Do both hotels have a concierge/executive lounge? What makes the CE better than the Renaissance? I thought the Renaissance was renovated the most recently so I assumed that it would be better.

What other benefits could I get by staying at one versus the other?

Also, in terms of location, it seems Marriott CE is in a better place. I've never been to Paris and I want to be sure I do it right this time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mariana Silver
    I am very familiar with Paris.  I, too, would like to read pros and cons of both of these hotels.  Making a generalization, I have found that Marriott properties are usually more upscale than Renaissance ones.  As far as location, Renaissance Paris Vendome (1er ar.) is extremely well located.  You can easily walk (even to the Musée d'Orsay) or metro (Concorde) in any direction.  Marriott C-E (8ième ar) is well located also but in a far more expensive area as far as restaurants and shopping.   You can take the metro without changing all the way to the Bastille area, but you would have to make a connection (called correspondence) at Concorde to go to the Opéra Garnier or les Grands Magazins, etc.  

mariana Silver
    I very recently stayed at the Marriott C-E.  It is extremely well located if you do not object to the hustle and bustle of the Champs-Elysées.  Additionally, this is not for you if you are looking for a charming French boutique hotel. However, once you are in the hotel, it is quiet, comfortable with luxurious  well-appointed rooms, and the personnel are gracious, accommodating, friendly, professional.  The marble bathroom was huge with a separate stall shower that was large enough for 2 plus a tub; there were lots of towels, bath robes and lots of amenities that were replenished daily, also, turn-down service with chocolates.  There is no concierge/executive level for complimentary breakfast.  There is a fitness center although it is a little circuitously located.  Buffet breakfast at 29€ is expensive unless you want to stuff yourself with a variety of eggs prepared to order, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cold cuts, cheese, breads, yogurts, waffles, pancakes, cereals, dried fruits, fresh fruit, and a few other hot dishes that I don't recall.  I felt that the fresh fruit could have been more varied and plentiful since I have only fruit, cereal and a roll for breakfast.  I appreciated the fact that they provided both skim milk and low-fat.  Their bakery selection was only adequate in quality.  The hotel and my room were immaculate. The service from reception, concierge, business center, restaurant/breakfast, indeed, throughout the hotel, was superior.  I stayed 5 nights on points.  I might not be as enthusiastic if I had paid the going rate.

Marianna,

Your experience is so well put!

This is exactly as my times have been at the C-E.  There is no place like this!  Your pictures and comments are great.  Thanks! 

Marianna,

We need to hear from you!

Your analysis of the Paris choices was so well put, I wish I could have put it in words like you have.  Please share with us your opinions on other cities! 

briyau15 Platinum

Jerry,

My first trip to Paris was in 2007 where I was fortunate enough to stay at the CE using points for two nights.  Unfortunately I didn't have status (was just a silver at that time) but agree with you in that the service and property was excellent.

My wife and I are going back to Paris this fall (for 3 nights in October) and are debating on whether to stay at the CE again or staying at the Vendome.  Having stayed at both properties, what would you suggest?  I know in other posts you rave about the complimentary breakfast at the Champs and now that i am a Platinum member, would I receive a similar breakfast at the Vendome?  Another factor is that Marriott's site indicates that view rooms at the CE won't be available when I am visiting due to property work, which is why I am contemplating staying at the Vendome.  Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

briyu15,

Thanks so much for your request!

First of all, as you know, you cannot go wrong with either of these properties.  I would take the CE over Vendome, even without a "Great View", just at least give me a "Courtyard" room.  

The transportation availabilty, and the special nature of CE is just so special.  Likewise, to dine in that area is NOT any more outrageous than any other major city, depending on what you get!

At any rate, if I can provide any help concerning activities or places to go, I will be glad.

Please review other peoples history on this Insider site, it is a great help! 

briyau15 Platinum

Jerry,

Thanks for your response.  I am torn in making this decision as I have never stayed in the Vendome so would like to experience that property but at the same time I know the CE is an excellent location (close walking distance to the Arc, Concorde, Eiffel tower, and Monoprix, ha ha).  I will be sure to read the other posts for recommendations, I've also checked out flyertalk and everyone's input depends on if they want a NYC Times Square experience (which is what they say you will get at the CE) or a boutique, more Parisian type experience (Vendome).

I was also wondering if you know if the Vendome has a concierge lounge.  Since I've read it only has 100 rooms, I'm assuming it does not.  If not, do they offer complimentary breakfast for Platinums like they do at the Champs?  That may be a deciding factor, ha ha.  Thanks again for your input!

briyau15,

Having stayed at both numerous times (As well as LaDefense and Disney which I enjoy both of these as well), I would go with CE.  Yes, you will get a great comp. breakfast at CE (See pictures), and I like the Times Square set up.  When the weather "Acts-up", I am never far to go back, have a glass of wine and relax.  You are right on the main metro line, or just walk around the corner to a "Whole" other world.  Likewise, there is a small grocer close that can provide snacks and low cost drinks.

If you like, I will be glad to recommend very good places to dine on a modest budget!  Enjoy the pictures of the place, and remember, there is no better sidewalk seat than in front of CE, in the WORLD! 

goalie Platinum

Beware that there is some major contruction going on at C-E Marriott until mid-November. Sounds like they are refacing the front and all the C-E rooms are down.

Goalie

briyau15 Platinum
    Ah yes, I read that they were refacing and the view rooms are not going to be available, which is part of the reason I was looking to stay at the Vendome.  I've never stayed there before but may still opt to stay at the CE, if only for the breakfast.  Ha ha.  But I would love to hear any thoughts/support as to why I should stay in the Vendome instead...

goalie Platinum

Now you have me thinking. I am planning Paris in the fall and can not choose between Vendome and Le Parc. I happen to like the 16th where the Le Parc is but the reviews have been iffy on Tripadvisor. Has anyone stayed there lately? The water running out of the shower seems to be a big problem. Also,  I just assumed if I am platinum, I would be getting breakfast with my room on points. I know there was a thread about this but I didn't feel like I had a resolution of this point. Can anybody clarify? I call the reward number and they really gave me a run around.

The rooms at Vendome really, really look small esp. if you don't pay to upgrade. Might I expect an upgraded room for being platinum with out paying?

Just wondering but I need to resolve this soon.

Thanks  

Goalie,

Only know about Vendome and a few others.

Vendome is nice if you want to spend the points/money.  Me, I like to spend the week-ends at LaDefense REN., the place is a few minutes from CE, bu a great value.

robertl Platinum
    I've been to Paris many times. I'm going back in the fall and I've selected the Vendome. If you like Paris for its history and architecture, the 1st arrondissement is really an exquisite place. You will be a block away from rue de Rivoli, the Louvres, jardins des Tuileries and very close to La Seine (river) if you are into romantic walks and beautiful views. You'll be very close to St-Louis and La Cité Islands. Champs Élysées are fun to see but not to live in. The 1st is really the heart of Paris.

Robert,

Very well put but Vendome may not be the place for someone who want ease of transportation and for someone who may only have a few nights in Paris would not be my first choice.

Having stayed there and many other Paris properties each of us seems to have personal limitations and personal desires for a Parisian experience.  I guess that is what makes the city so enjoyable. 

goalie Platinum

Thanks for the comments.

Despite the "iffy" tripadvisor reviews, I think I am going to stick with Le Parc. I am taking my teenage niece and the 16th is lovely and has a genuine neighborhood feel. I want her to be able to go down the street and go into the neighborhood stores rather than designer boutiques. I have been to Paris a lot so I think I this is a good choice. The hotel looks lovely and is an historic building(s). Seems like the air conditioning and bathroom flooding are issues but in October it should be cool and I'll be careful in the shower. If anyone has or will be staying there. let me know what you thought!!

Goalie1

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Other Paris threads to check

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1101          La Défense, Paris, France

paris rive gauche

Paris Rive Gauche

Paris Champs Elysees

Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris

Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees

The BEST place in Paris! (CE)

Paris Marriott C-E...virtual concierge???

Room for 4 at CE

Transportation from Airport to C-E

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - Paris

Courtyard Marriiott Nueilly-Sur Seine

Renaissance Place Vendome

Paris Vendome

SusanL (Renaissance Vendome)

Thanks & CDG to Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero  (Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero)

Paris! "Never better!"   (Arc d'Triomphe trip report)

Surprise (discussion on Paris sights & hotels)

Paris Marriott C-E vs. Renaissance Paris Vendome

Paris CE or Place Vendome feedback please

First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?

Which Marriott in Paris?

Paris, What Hotel?

Where to stay ?

Paris hotels

Help us choose our Paris hotel!

Paris in April-Marriott/Renaissance

Paris, France late April, early May which of the hotels have Executive Lounge any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you  

What location and hotel would you suggest for Paris.  I will be going in mid September.

list hotels close to downtown Paris

Best Hotel in London & Paris

Hotel and Metro in Paris (hotel airport transporation options)

Summer Travel Story Conclusion (Paris pictures)

Summer Travel Story (Paris Pictures Part 2)

Perks at Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Marriott and the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel  

Parisian Hospitality!

Complementary breakfast for Platinum members in Paris?

My favorite Paris hotel...

Which Marriott in Paris        

Paris by Train

Paris nightlife

Paris in May ?

Happy Bastille Day- Paris Summer Story!   

Paris with kids

Parisien Dining - Le Marais.  Any suggestions?

Paris to Normandy

Best Hotel in London & ParisParis! "Never better!"

Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
    Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel

GP,

Wish there was not so much work for you to post these former posts!

They are really full of good informations!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...