1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 21, 2009 1:46 PM by sgoldste RSS

Marriotts Detroit Area

sgoldste Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been traveling to the Detroit area weekly since October. I have had some very disappointing experiences. I also find it ironic that Detroit are hotels do not send customer service surveys. Courtyard in Warren: The hotel is showing its age. Twice in a three week period, I found the water discolored (brown) when I turned on the tub.  I told Ken the GM and he said that they would do something to make it up to me through MR. Nothing happened One of my o-workers got in late and they gave him a room that was not cleaned at this same Courtyard.Marriott Troy - My room smelled like body odor. I told the staff and they agreed. The told me that for my trouble I would get 1000 bonus points. That never happenedResidence Inn Warren - Came in at midnight, there was already someone in the room. The desk clerk told me that I must not know how to use the key. They sent maintenance with me and the room was occupied. In this case I did not even get an apology.I understand that these can happen, but you would think in Detroit they would go the extra mile and keep the few business travelers that are still come up there better.Also, they should not make promises that they don't keep. At least at the Residence Inn they did not say they would do something for my inconvenience and not follow-up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriotts Detroit Area
    sgoldste Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

My comments were specifically for The Troy Marriott and the Warren Courtyard. I am staying at the Courtyard on Maple this week. So far it seems to be the best hotel in the Troy area

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...