4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2010 3:26 PM by biztravel RSS

JW Marriott Pick Somewhere Else

superlawyer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This was not a hotel you would expect from a JW.  Maybe for non elite members, but not worth the trip for us.  The street is full of hotels that could probably be ready to assist, Westin, Intercontential, Hilton. 

The renovation several years ago did not address the size of the conceirge lounge.  There is almost no space and the food runs out immediately.  This is clearly shown by how many people were in the bar because we could not get anything to eat, even desert, at 7:30 pm.

The rooms really reminded me of an Embassy Suites--the bed sort of in the middle of the room.  The strangest part was the mirror that paralelled the bed.  A little disturbing for a business traveler.

Probably not the hotel I would try again.  Even the Platinum gift was only one scoop of ice cream in the dish, not something to really cherish.  The Platinum gifts are getting cheaper and cheaper at the hotels and I am not sure the advantage of elite with this chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Pick Somewhere Else
    boomer Platinum

Which JW Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kokoe2 Platinum
    Renaissance usually offers better value, unless you really need a better gift shop or conference center as you would have at the JW

crussd Platinum
    You still didn't tell us WHICH JW Marriott you're talking about.  There are lots of them.

biztravel Platinum

This has to be the JW in Houston's Galleria Area your referring to, and I would agree with you if that's the case.  It is a very dated hotel that I've stayed at over a dozen times.  There are better Marriott options within a mile from this location,  don't waste your time here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...