1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 11, 2009 5:01 PM by lesliepamel RSS

round the world

memoshaw Silver
Currently Being Moderated

does marriott rewards offer an "around the world"?

If so, what is the point cost and itinerary?

Has anyone experience with the reward, good or bad?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: round the world
    lesliepamel Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Yeh, I've seen round-the-world offers, but I believe that they might be for European timeshare owners only - although  I can't see the logic of that restriction.The sales staff at Marriott's Marbella said that I can go FIRST CLASS around the world for about 1.3 million Marriott points. Problem was - the airlines didn't appear to know much about it. The plan went something like this: Purchase 5 x cat 5 travel awards + 1 x 7 nights at a cat 5 hotel award. This gives you the ability to stay 6 x 7 nights at cat 5 hotels around the world, and 600,000 flyer miles in - I believe - Cat B airlines. (5 x 120,000miles) Looks good doesn't it? Only it didn't work for me! No airline would take me and my wife FIRST CLASS around the world for 600,000 air miles. Maybe they could do it in economy - but who wants ro go around the world in economy? I also had problems choosing stops. I rather fancied Costa Rica and Okinawa as two of my stops, but this meant leaving at the end of my time and flying back to Miami and Tokyo respectively. The flight rules said I am not allowed to go backwards....and believe me it was difficult to go forward from those locations! In the end I just gave up on the planning. I do believe that it is here that Marriott could offer a little help and guidance by employing 'Vacation Planners'. Not to do the whole lot for you, but just to guide you through the maze of rules .  I am not sure if it is still available, but good luck in your searching. 

JUST THINKING ON ABOUT THIS OFFER, WHICH WAS MADE BY MARRIOTT TIMESHARE SALES STAFF........AND, HOW NOW THE POINTS HAVE BEEN DEVALUED, HOW CAN MARRIOTT HEADQUARTERS REPLY TO ALL THE COMPLAINTS BY STATING THAT MARRIOTT REWARDS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VACATION OWNERSHIP. WOULD THE OFFER OF A FIRST CLASS FLIGHT AROUND THE WORLD ENCOURAGE YOU TO THINK ABOUT BUYING A TIMESHARE....? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...