5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2009 1:19 PM by kimkdallas RSS

Aruba

mydogcooper Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We spent a week at the Aruba Surf Club in November 2008 and had a great time. Pools were very nice. Lazy river got alittle crowded in the middle of the day but mornings was very peaceful. Had dinner at the Flying Fishbone....fabulous dinner with your feet in the sand at sunset! Also had dinner at La Trattoria next to the lighthouse. The food is italian, was very good. The staff was awesome, they made a big birthday fuss for my son-in-laws birthday. Fun Fun!Can't beat the weather in Aruba either. Snorkeling at baby beach was awesome, the water was crystal clear. Family went on an atv tour to natural pool and "thanked me" for NOT going, they loved it! I would have not enjoyed the atv ride though. Loved the whole trip, we'll go back next year!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Aruba
    slashby Gold
    Thanks for your post it was very helpful.  How did you schedule the ATV tour and what company did you use.  We want to do the same but want to have a good experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brandy12 Platinum
    I am taking my parents to aurba in May - I would appreciate any  suggestions or recommendations?

tjcnewyork Platinum
    In addition to the resorts on the island, consider the Aruba Ocean Club or the Aruba Surf Club, see:  Re: Aruba - Ocean or Surf?

mydogcooper Platinum
    I believe my daughter booked the ATV tour using the flyer in the package she got when arriving at the airport. The concierge didn't recommend any ATV at all though. Sorry I don't know the name of it though. It went to the natural pool which was why she chose it. I don't know if there is any other way to get to the natural pool and it was a site she'd never been to before after having been to Aruba on several occastions.

kimkdallas Platinum

Although I've never done the Natural Pool on an ATV ( and don't know if I would ) I've done it twice as part of a jeep tour with ABC Tours and Attractions.   They do a great job and it's a really fun day....  Here's what I put together for tripadvisor on the ABC tour.

This was my second visit to Aruba (2008), but my friend had never been. Although I took this tour back in 2004, I wanted to do it again for his benefit.

Booked online (they give a discount for online booking). Response was prompt and courteous --- when our hotel changed, I dropped them an email and their pickup schedule was adjusted.

Were a relatively small group -- 3 jeeps for the all day tour. Stops included: California Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Gold Smelter, Natural Bridge, Ostrich Farm, Natural Pool, Fontein Cave and Baby Beach. Had lunch at a local place --- chicken and ribs were good.

Overall was an amazing day --- this is a great opportunity to see the "wild side" of Aruba, climb rocks all you want, and get a little dirty. Pack plenty of sunscreen. Bring something to put your camera in or to cover it as it gets VERY dusty in the afternoon.

This trip will always be on my MUST do list! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...