6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2009 4:59 PM by bobnat RSS

marriot resort

drlonim Member
Currently Being Moderated

we were planning to visit paris and spend some time at the marriot resort with our little ones.

just wondering if anyone could share their travel experience.

• Re: marriot resort
    nomadictravele Gold

I think you are referring to the Marriott's village d'll de France. We love this plance.  In June  I took my wife and son there.  In Sept I went back again with wife and daughter.  The resort itself is fabulous.  The grounds are beautifully maintained and the staff is very help and friendly.  We had our timeshire exchangd there for the first time for a whole week. The second time I used points.  Each time we had the 2 bedrm village which is spacious and well appointed.  the kitchen is a bit small.  The unit opens to the patio area lookinng beautiful grounds.   Although we did not use the childrens activities program, ours were over 18, I saw many activities took place and many kids participated. The villas and the lobby offer free wi-fi connectivity.  The concierge can help with tours and reservations. 

The location is very convenient.  It is not far from EuroDisneyland.  The resort has a shuttle (free) that goes to the RER train staion. It is about 15 to 20 minutes ride depending on the time fo day.  Outside of the free shuttle schedule, there is a bus just outside of the resort that takes your to the same place.  This bus also takes you to the biggest mall in Europe in Val d'Europe center.  There are many good restaurants located inside and adjacent to the mall. There is also an outlet mall all in one place.  Both the bus and shuttle take you to the RER train station, where you can catch the train to Paris easily.  The resort is highly recommended.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travelgator Platinum
    Im not sure which property you are referring to-I went to the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference late last year it was great. Right across the street to a train station so you can get anywhere. The staff was the best I have ever met, and I put in over 200 nights a year every year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Village d'Ile de France marriott resort
    susierailroad Silver
    We will be staying at this resort outside Paris June 12-20 and would like to know if renting a car to go to outlying villages, ie Giverney, Reims, etc., is a good idea.  Is there a shuttle from the airport, CDG, to this Marriott?  thanks for any suggestions, replies, ideas.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes, a car is a great idea, OUTSIDE of driving in Paris.

Recently, we stayed there and took there shuttle to Euro-Disney, did not go to Disney but rented a Hertz car and drove to Sancerre, the Loire Chateau's and Alcace, all went well.  

Take the RER when going to Paris, clean cheap and direct to Chantellet, from there metro to wherever.  

Key is Euro Disney and the transportation hub it represents

lesliepamel Platinum

I'm afraid that I do not know if there is a shuttle from CDG. However there is a shuttle from the local rail station -Marn le Vallee- Marriott shares this with the Raddison, so it calls at both hotels.It takes 15-20 minutes, and drops you off right at the Marriott reception. There is a good public service bus from the rail station,ask the driver to drop you off at Allée de l’Orme-Rond. This is on the road right outside the entrance to the Marriott resort. However it is a 0.5 Km walk along the drive to the reception desk. Have a great time.

The MlV station is good for the 50 minute ride into Paris 

bobnat Platinum
    We stayed at the Village d'Ile de France.  There is a free shuttle to the RER rail line which, in-turn can take you anywhere.  I didn't notice any other shuttles from the hotel.  We rented a car and it worked well.  We drove it several times to Paris.  I would recommend Autoroute A4 to the Bercy metro station (You can't miss it just off the road).  If you try to get closer to Paris, the traffic is a killer.  The Bercy line is pretty close to paris and has parking, roughly $10 euro.  From Bercy you can then take the Metro all over Paris.  The other option is to take the hotel shuttle to the RER but we thought that took much longer and limited our flexibility.  If you want to see the countryside, a car is more convienient.  We also used the car to go grocery shopping at more authentic french markets (versus the limited one at the hotel).  The hotel was great and we actually liked having the laundry in the room - allowed us to travel light and just wash a few things while we were relaxing before bed.  A real tip - as I remember, the wireless internet required a fee - however, just next to the dining room table was a cat5 internet jack.  i connected via my cat5 cable and had free internet all week.  It was a bit slow but couldn't beat the price. The resort was nice.  The rooms were huge - basically small houses - and the pool was nice.  We didn't do much else at the hotel and don't remember seeing much in terms of activities.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...