3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2008 1:06 PM by barnesgene RSS

Time for Free In-Room Internet at Full Service Marriotts

mshbnyehud Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
It's time for Marriott to add Internet access FREE in room, at least for its Platinum members.  Currently most Marriott Club Lounges offer free wi-fi access, and probably most Marriott and Renaissance properties offer lobby free wi-fi access.  But for those of us who are Platinum members, and travel extensively on business, it is a huge hassle to leave the room and work in the Club Lounge or Lobby.  Besides, with technology advances, it makes sense for Marriott to offer this as an added benefit of loyalty.
  • Re: Time for Free In-Room Internet at Full Service Marriotts
    mstraveler Platinum 2 Reviews
    I couldn't agree more.  Most of the Marriotts I stay in don't even provide free access in the Lobby.  One offered free access as my Platinum welcome gift.  How rude!  That's not a "gift."  And for the price we pay for the rooms, it should not be an extra charge - especially for Platinum members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

needgoodfood Platinum 2 Reviews
    i always wondered the same thing.  In choosing between the Courtyard and Marriott (next door to each other), i typically choose the Courtyard because I have a mental aversion to paying for internet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

barnesgene Platinum 1 Reviews
    Totally agree!  It's time for Marriott to join the 21st Century and provide free wi-fi everywhere in every hotel.  There's a concept I call the Marriott Rule:  The pricier the property, the more the guests have to pay for things a la carte, and the smaller the selection of TV stations.  This makes no sense at all!  If you're paying $300.00 a night for a room, why should you have to pay for Internet access, when $70/night Fairfield Inns provide it for free??  The Marriott Phuket substituted the small plastic bottles of shampoo for a ceramic jar that was breakable and hard to hold.  Come on, Marriott -- get with the program!  Treat your top-paying customers right.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...