0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:26 AM by mrroadkill RSS

Ruin of the Best Loyalty Program

mrroadkill Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Must concur with all comments about points devaluation.  The inflation rate on the higher category properties is excessive at same time adding a CAT 8.  No real value with new program changes.  Hilton has a flat per day point charge on redemptions, added higher categories as well so I stayed at Marriott whenever I could because current redemption chart is better value, but not now--at least Hilton gives airline miles for same stay.  Priority Club has a flat fee per night to redeem points too, but the high end is far less and they've added redemption at any hotel brand.  I have never found blackouts to be an issue, you want to go somewhere at a peak time or use points on short notice what do you expect.  What I do expect is that points that took 2 years to earn will not have their value cut 40% while some marketing propoganda is shoved at me that claims it is an enhancement.  I do not own a MVCI but do feel sorry for them as well.  It FEELS like loyalty is being taken for granted, and perception is reality.  No well run business can alienate its best customers.  Understand economic environment is tough but you can't be so short-sighted as to run off your most loyal customers and credit card users.  If you must act, make small changes to the points required on the current schedule, still reducing the points required per day as you approach 7 days.  This is easier to swallow.  Marriott Rewards used to be by far the best value but in my mind the changes will drop it below both Priority Club and Hilton Honors.  I love the Marriott consistency of quality and their staff, the variety of locations but above all if a business does not appreciate your loyalty, who would sit still and take it.  Make some incremental changes to the current rewards chart, and bring your loyal membership back to the fold before it is too late.  I am rooting for you as up to this point I have been a very loyal and satisfied customer.   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...