10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2008 1:01 AM by jawiha RSS

49 Nights

delfuego Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I have 49 Nights and will need one more before year-end...how can I get my 50th to maintain Gold? Any insights?
  • Re: 49 Nights
    gkalten Platinum
    find the cheapest fairfield inn you can find and spend the $79 to keep the status, you can always put up your favorite family member over xmas in your name for one night.  The extra 10% you get in 2009 in points far exceeds the cost for one night

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lhabitat Platinum
    I agree with gkalten.  However, I am finding that some of the Marriott hotels do not do the customary extras for gold elite and one has to fight a bit to get concierge lounge and other priviliges, expecially overseas and at Residence, Courtyard, etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sgoldste Platinum
    Get a Marriott  Visa credit card from Chase. The cards either give you 10 or 15 nights depending on the version of the card you get.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    I would ask Marriott Rewards (through the contact us button the web site) if they can comp you one night to make it--never hurts to ask, and given the economy right now, loyatly amoung guests is a high priority

elaines Silver

Watch out for the Canadian version of the Marriott Visa card, doesn't offer as many points (i.e. incentives when you sign up) as compared with the US counterpart card. 

I paid $75 annual fee for the card, and still evaluating if it's worth it.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I'd be willing to gamble that your Gold status will be automatically renewed if you have 49 nights. 

egw019 Platinum
    i am sure if you contact marriott rewards they will wave the 50th night,they are suportave of active customers

bizman35 Platinum 1 Reviews
    I have the same situation and called Marriott Rewards customer service.  I was told they WILL NOT give the one night.  Period. You will have the option to buy back the gold elite status for a few hundred dollars.  At least $200.00 and I was told to make a reservation in a lower cost courtyard or fairfield to accumulate the extra night.  If not I will lose gold status.  So I dont think they will waive the one night deficit at all.

suess7 Platinum

I had a similar situation a year or two ago and I was renewed at Gold level although I was also a night or two short.  Rewards made the upgrade/renewal without any request or contact fm me; I was impressed.

jawiha Platinum
    Easy . . . you and your honey check in to the local Marriott for a romantic weekend.  You'll be "rewarded" twice . . .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...