8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2009 9:59 AM by tclancy77 RSS

Wailea Marriott Resort

moejoe Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I stayed at Wailea Marriott in Maui end of October and must say it is one of the best Marriotts, if not the best, that I stay at. I have stayed at marriott 165 days this year and this rates as the best. The setting is incredible, rooms are outstanding and can't beat the weather. Judy and Kory at the front desk could not have been nicer and went out of their way to help us make some changes. We are definitely going back. 3 golf courses almost within walking distance. Great restaurants close by.

• Re: Wailea Marriott Resort
    skyskimmer Platinum

My husband and I stayed at the Wailea Marriott Resort for our 10 year anniversary April 2008 with family and friends.   Our stay could not have been more gracious and restful.  In our book Wailea Marriott is the BEST Marriott we have experienced.  This is truly a beautiful property and worth every penny (or point).  The staff were absolutely outstanding to a person.   And our room. . . incredible view and very generously spacious.  When the staff learned it was our anniversary trip (on check in) they made a special point to get the best possible room.  Awesome vacation time.  You guys are the best!!! 

We had come from the Kauai Marriott (part I of the celebration) -  also a beautiful property, however, we were, well. . . disappointed.  The staff came across as indifferent and seemed distracted.   We had an issue with room location (we paid a significant upcharge to get a "better view" only to be moved to the room next door - yikes!) and several times requested to see a manager to no avail.  Again, we were with family and friends, taking 3 rooms for 6 days.  The response of the staff to our requests was dismissive - (though there was a lot of incongruent smiling), we found it rather puzzling, even embarrassing - not for us, but for the Marriott.  Sorry guys. . . We dropped the issue to focus on our guests and anniversary plans.   In hindsight, we should have spent the entire time in Wailea.  That's our plan for future celebrations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Wailea was Right for us as well!

We had the same experience and will be back. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum
    Count me in, we are looking for something in two years-plan on using points. You just made me and my wife extremely happy.

timman Platinum
    The best Marriott that I have stayed at to date.  I spent 13 nights in Dec of 08.  I spend most of my time in Marriotts accross the nation, and this one truely stood out from the rest.  I have plans to return on Vacation in October.   The pictures were taken from my room.

shelter13 Silver

Just won a bid on priceline and it came up: Wailea Marriott Resort!!

Please give suggestions on restaurants in the area that were worth it to you.

Do we need a car for our whole 8 days?? Suggestions here would also be nice.

Thanks!!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum
    Regards Priceline.com, keep in mind that the Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions specificially exclude packages booked through priceline and other similar agencies from earning points or night credits.  A few posters here have already voiced their experiences so be forewarned.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

If you've never been to Maui, it would be in your best interest to have a rental car.  You'll need it to get to the Hotel from Kahalui Airport. (Roads are well marked but ask for general directions before you hit the road.)  You must make the trip to Mama's Fish House (reservations required).  Pricey but good service and food...and the atmosphere & view are awesome.

tclancy77 Platinum 2 Reviews
    Hi Moe Joe, I've been worried about staying at this property as a result of some trip advisor posts.  I've reserved a one bedroom suite with an ocean view (not ocean front).  Your post has me believing in the property again.  Should I request a specific building or location?  I appreciate your help!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...