1 Reply Latest reply: May 23, 2009 8:59 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Count me among those dissatisfied & reviewing other options

alltooff Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We own 2 weeks.  Have well over 1 million points.  Have a family reunion planned for next summer and were already talking to the 20+ folks traveling with us about looking into MVCI.  No more.

While the program changes disappoint me greatly, I am more disturbed by Marriott's reaction (or lack thereof) to the feedback they're getting.  They set up the forum and provided a means for customers to communicate, but communication is supposed to be 2 ways -- it doesn't work if no one's listening...

• Re: Count me among those dissatisfied & reviewing other options
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

alltooFF:

I stumbled across your unanswered message by accident.  Regrets that it has taken 6 long months.  Although well-intentioned in opening this forum last year, Marriott does not have the resources to answer every message. But, they are listening to Member feedback.  Elite Rollover Nights plus Double Nights is one example of Marriott implementing suggestions from Insiders. 

As an MVCI owner I personally regret to learn that you were planning a family reunion but decided to abort efforts.  Just last year, more than 20 members of my wife's family accepted our invitation to do exactly that to celebrate the memory of a family member who had passed away on the cusp of the New Year.  Our MVCI reunion was unforgettable and the MVCI staff went out of their way to accomodate our needs.  In fact, my brother-in-law was so impressed he attended a sales presentation and purchased a 3 bedroom platinum at Grande Chateau.

Since the rollout of the 2009 Marriott Rewards program, I learned that there are new rules of engagement.  Candidly, I am not shy commenting when Marriott fails to deliver upon their promises.  Report and escalate delivers results.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...