0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:26 AM by 1pearl RSS

Broken Promises

1pearl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We have been MVCI owners of three weeks in hawaii since 1995. We have recommended many friends and family who have also purchased timeshares at Marriott. At the time we purchased we were told that we could trade our two week ocean view villas or use points to get a week at a similar hotel (category 6). Our maintinence fees have increased to over $1500 per week and with the interest we have lost on the money we paid, that brings the cost to over $3000 per week. And that doesn't even include all of the fees that we now pay for trades, points, guests and anything else that could incur a fee. But at this point with the new system, we can only get 4 days at a hotel for the points that our timeshare will yield. By my calculation that works out to at least $700 per night. Interestingly, a person with no ties to Marriott can easily purchase the same unit for $550 per night at high season on their website without any fuss, without booking a year in advance or with any extra fees; or better yet they can rent it on one of the various internet timeshare sites for about $2000/week. The new system has completely devalued out timeshare units and is unfair to owners. Until recently we were actually considering puchasing a partial ownership Ritz-Carleton property. I will never buy another Marriott product and am actively looking at changing my credit cards and hotel useage to another company that treats their long term customers with respect.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...