0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:26 AM by lesliepamel RSS

LesliePamel

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What thoughts do members have on the new levels of point awards effective 2009?

I believe that they have many good points. However Marriott had a world winning system with their entry into timeshare when they allowed owners to trade for Reward Points. However for two weeks of ownership in1986 I exchanged these for 220,000 points.For 180,000 of these I could get an award of 2 transatlantic flights (Or similar) and 10 night at ANY Marriott hotel worldwide.

I can still make exactly the same trade for points, but the awards for these are now minimal.for 120,000 points i can get 4 nights in an Cat 6 hotel plus one free night. This leaves 100,000 points which cannot be used economicly ie they can provide 3 nights for 90K,but this is not agood use of points.

In my opinion Marriott Vacation ownership is now just an expensive form of ordinary timeshare, and I for one cannot recommend to anyone.

Come on Marriott, let's consider increasing the point/trade level by 50% . That represents inflation over the last 23 years.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...