1 2 3 9 Previous Next 128 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2016 4:48 PM by phctourist RSS

Which Marriott in Paris?

sandyweb33 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Which Marriott property would you recommend for a 9 night stay in Paris? TIA

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    lesliepamel Platinum
    The Paris Marriott right on the Champs Elysee. Probably in the centre of the action. The Renaissance Vendome did not ring my bell. The Courtyard and the Ren. at the Defense center are boyth very good.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I stayed at the Marriott Champs-Elysees for a week and I have to say, it was worth every point I used.  The hotel is centrally located, we walked everywhere we went in the city and found transportation (cabs/buses/trains) within very easy reach for trips out of that area of the city.  The hotel out by the airport is nice for the night before an early flight but its pretty much out of the way for seeing the city.   The subway is good and the Paris North station isnt far if you are going to do day trips into other cities (London, Brussels, Cologne, etc).

Even though the Champs-Elysees hotel is a hefty point cost, the service there is top notch and I will be returning there again this spring.  If you have the points, reward yourself and stay there.  If you get lucky, maybe you can get into the Champs-Elysess suite...VERY NICE.

• 3. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    futbolfan Gold 4 Reviews
    We stayed in the recently added Renaissance le Park Troccadero and enjoyed it very much.  Its a quiet location mid way between Victor Hugo and the Troccadero so its only a short walk to the Eiffel Tower.  NICE in that you avoid the crowds and there are a number of good small cafes in the neighborhood.  Also the Metro is close by so all of Paris is right there.  Rooms very nice, restaurant very good but very pricey, very nice pleasent staff.  Has a small hotel atmosphere if that is something yo0u prefer. 

• 4. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    gadawg Gold 4 Reviews

Thanks--going to CE for the holidays--glad we are staying there

• 5. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

FutbalFan,

So well put!

It is worth every point or declining dollar!

• 6. I recommend the Marriott CE for first trip
    pwrshift Platinum 8 Reviews

My mini movie of a recent trip to the Marriott CE in Paris might show you something of the hotel and area.

http://vimeo.com/7338737

• 7. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"My mini movie of a recent trip to the Marriott CE in Paris might show you something of the hotel and area.

http://vimeo.com/7338737"

C'est tres bien.  Thank you for sharing your experience of the Marriott CE.

• 8. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?

The movie is great!

This is the way to go!

CE is so special.

• 9. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    elitepro Member

THE Paris Marriott on the Champs Elysee is an exciting place to walk around the center of Paris, but last time I was in Paris I stayed at the less expensive, Paris Colombes Court Yard becuse I had rented a car and they have a secure parking garage for self parking. See my posting on http://www.elitepro-travel.com<</a>/p>

They have a nice restaurant at the hotel and plenty of food stores in walking distance. I particularly enjoy the french bakeries to have a snack late at night when I am jet lagged and hungry when restaurants are not open. The hotel also features a 24-hour food market. The Courtyard Paris Defense West-Colombes is close to the largest European International Business Centre (La Defense and CNIT Congress Centre) and a direct train ride to the opera in the heart of Paris. It ia a modern business hotel. Have wine at Oleo Pazzo Mediterranean Bistro.

• 10. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    billtoparis Silver

What was it that you didn't like about

Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel

• 11. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?

Bill,

It is a very nice hotel!

Really nice if you want to spend time at The Louvre, Notre Dame, Left Bank, or shop on Rue St. Honore.

Great places to dine, and I really like the hotel.  I have been going with 1st timers and know how much they enjoy the CE, so I tend to stay there.

You can't go wrong!

• 12. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    teetee Gold 60 Reviews

Anyone but Courtyard Paris Neuilly.  Bad service!

I made reservation last week and change my mind but they refused to refund my money back and being very impolite. My reservation is for the end of July but they collected my money this May. They told me there will be no refund no matter what.  I am in the U.S. not able to fly to France so what is the point of holding on to the hotel and have to pay for. they told me I made reservation with Marriott but they are private own so Marriott did not care for. It is a scam from the hotel and the bad part of the Marriott to take someone that is not honest in to be part of the hotel.

• 13. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?
    shoelessj Platinum 1 Reviews

Just returned from 5 nights at Marriott C/E. I have to thank Jerry Coin for his passionate recommendations of this property especially for a first visit to Paris. We couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel accommodations, service, and location. Also enjoyed a wonderful meal at Chez Andre anoth JC reco.

Saw posting elsewhere on the 'rudeness'rating of the French. They were wonderful hosts without exception.

Thanks Jerry for your continued 'advice'.

• 14. Re: Which Marriott in Paris?

shoeless,

Want to again thank-you for your comments!

Please keep us in mind for your future posts and travel advice,

1 2 3 9 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...