4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 6:16 AM by klaus29 RSS

Southeast Asia resorts

kinseattle Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Next year my husband and I will travel to Southeast Asia for three weeks for our silver anniversary.  We especially enjoy exploring local flavors and culture when we travel. Which SE Asia Marriotts do you recommend?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Southeast Asia resorts
    jsvan44 Platinum
    I just spent 6 days at the Marriott Courtyard at Surin Beach on Phuket Island. I t was terrific. The one bedroom suite, the pool area, retaurant and staff were great. The location is a 5 minute walk across a grassy park to the beautiful, uncrowded beach. There are a myriad of beach reastaurants with great local food. It is a 20 minute taxi to the noise and glitter of Patong and not as isolated as the JW on the northern end of the island. An enjoyable stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikeym Platinum

Vietnam  The Saigon Riverside Renaissance in Ho Chi Minh City is a great base to explore a beautiful country.  The city is pretty metro but you can book day & overnight trips from hotel at less than reasonable rates.  The people are the gem of VN and they do sparkle.

It's a great experience for the whole family.

skyagan Platinum 3 Reviews

Vietnam, Bangkok, Koh Samui, Phuket, Singpore.  Depending on the time frame you have, you could hit a few of these in a two week trip.  Vietnam's Renaissance is downtown, a convenient location to walk around from and is an easy flight from Bangkok.  Bangkok - the Resort and Spa is very nice, but you have to take a quick boat ride to get to the train station to go pretty much anywhere in Bangkok.  The JW is very nice, but we actually prefer the Courtyard Bangkok as the location is absolutely perfect to get to anywhere from and we don't really spend a lot of time in the room - so why pay for a "JW".  Thai airways and Bangkok airways often run specials in the US for multi-leg flights around Thailand.  The price can be as low as 30 to 50 dollars per leg.  Koh Samui Renaissance is very nice - try for the villas if you can!  Go to the Tamarind Spa Resort for a couples massage.  2 and 1/2 hours is something like $75 - and it's truly an experience.  Phuket now has a lot of hotels - We own at the Villas at JW.  It is far away from everything else, but if you want to explore with your own car, it's a great location to head north - see/ride elephants, go to the floating muslim village, great seafood etc.  The resort itself is really wonderful.  Singapore Marriott is a convenient location and again, an easy flight from Bangkok.  The night zoo here is a great attraction.  Singapore (in my opinion) is a pretty typical big city - very Western in most ways. 

klaus29 Silver

i recommanfe  the  jw  marriott  in  bangkok,  nice  hotel,  and  very  inportant  you  have  acces  to  a  executive lounge.

in phuket  i aggree  with the  courtyard  mutch  cheeper,  at the  jw  marriott  or  renaissance.hotel,  expensive and  no  lounges.

if you go to malaysia  take  the  renaissance hotel in kuala  lumpur, with  2  lounges, and  the  best  from the  best  the  jw marriott

in  jakarta  indonesia.  a  lounge  like this you  never see  bevore,  there  you  dont  neet a restaurant,.  and  a realy  great  service.

Message was edited by: klaus29

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...