0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:27 AM by bluegrasslady RSS

Another disappointed Platinum

bluegrasslady Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a consultant road warrior traveling five days a week, I choose my airline, hotel and car programs very carefully.  With very little leisure time, I want to participate in programs that let me live "above my means" while on vacation, if only for short periods of time.  I would just as soon stay home if vacation time is "more of the same".  That's why I too am disappointed with the upcoming changes to the Marriott Rewards program.  I work way too hard for my points to use them all up in one stay.

I was Hilton Diamond for several years (and still am), but had switched my loyalty a few years back to Marriott , since I felt it was a better program.  I guess it is now time to go back to Hilton.  Even though I have stayed over 100 nights at Marriott this year, I just booked the next few weeks at Hilton.  I'm saddened by this, since I'm very satisfied with the properties where I spend most of my time.  However, I'm holding off on booking the remainder of the year in hopes that Marriott will reconsider making such drastic changes to a program that was superior to the others.  Marriott....if you're listening....please don't drive away your most loyal customers.  What's a few free nights when we are spending thousands each year at your properties?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...