5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2010 4:08 PM by nuhusker RSS

On Demand Folio's

augustabound Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a business traveller I would like to see on demand printable Folio's to faster complete my expense report at the end of the month.  I think this is a feature that make staying at the Hilton and Holiday Inn's favorable for me.  Imagine how much productivity you lose by having your Customer Service Reps search and pull folio's for customers and fax them.  This would be a win for both Marriott and its guests.

• Re: On Demand Folio's
    elysium Platinum
    You can sign up to have your folio emailed to you.  It usually shows up 2-3 days after you check out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tapline Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm having a hard time getting my folio emailed to me...with any consistency.  Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't.  I always ask the front desk to send it via email and they confirm that in the system, I have that feature available and selected in my preferences.  However when I get home and wait for the "obligatory" 3 days, I may or may not get it.

I've checked my preferences and do have that feature activated.  I sometimes call the hotel to ask them to resend it, but if its a day after I check out, they can no longer do that.  Instead, they want to fax me a copy or send me a scanned picture of the folio; neither of which do I prefer.  I signed up for electronic folio and I want that as my method of delivery.  A greater question here is why it is not working properly in the first place. Calling the hotel directly has been no help, as I am just told to "wait for a few days and it will get there".  When I ecplain to them that this has happened to me on other occassions, they pretty much discount the phone call and tell me there's nothing more they can do. 

I jsut fired off a comment regarding this matter to marriott and I am hoping to get some positive resolution.  I would like to suggest that they make a pdf viewable option in our accounts, so that we may be able to look at the folio and print from the marriott site.  We already have a recent stays section that tells us how many points we received for a stay.  Why not give me the pdf option, if the hotels are unable to provide me one as per the electronic folio option I have already set in my preferences?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Tapline

Throughout the first 11 months of 2009, I did not have any issues with e-mail confirmations or e-folio.  I started encountering issues beginning with the 2nd week in December, and now e-folio seems to be working fine.  I just received one yesterday from a stay over the weekend. 

My e-mail spam filter is set to receive communications from the marriott.com domain by default, which assumes sometimes in error that all e-mail comes from that domain.  Reservations for some brands like Courtyard for example come from the Courtyard.com domain.  On occasion, e-mail from a Marriott brand domain unfamiliar to my spam filter will get trapped.  Unless the domain is added manually, all e-mail from that source will get filtered out too. That could be one explanation for what you are experiencing.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

maybe ljust luck but I have never had this issue. If there is one person who has, however, it needs fixing

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

What's the advantage to getting your bill by email vs. under the door?  I'm probably not opposed to the email thing, but sure do like to see my bill before I leave so any problem can be rectified on the spot.  And I keep my paper copy till I know my points are posted and the credit card bill is paid.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...