0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:27 AM by theroadjim RSS

Are the MR changes being snuck in?

theroadjim Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I am very discouraged over the pending changes in the MR program for two reasons:  1. the changes will negatively affect my rewards stays. 2. it seems to me that Marriott is sneaking in some of the changes.  First, I enjoy booking seven reward nights in a row.  No matter how I figure it, the new 4-nights-plus-one-free stay will cost me MORE points for the seven nights.  And that is before the change in category comes into play.  I feel strongly that Marriott is losing my loyality because of these changes.  Several years ago, I was Diamond at Hilton but switched to Marriott after Hilton greatly increased the points needed for seven-night stays, by as much as 50 percent.  Between now and the end of the year, I intend to explore the possibility of Hilton to honor my Marriott status in return for a promise to stay the 75 to 100 nights a year with Hilton properties in 2009 in stead of Marriott properties.  I encourage others to do the same.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...