0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:27 AM by phinehas RSS

Phinehas

phinehas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My question involves the Marriott Rewards level -- silver (which we are), gold, platinum for various levels of stay. We own 10 weeks of Marriott Time Share, and generally use most of those for our own travel. We do not get credit for "nights spent" toward the gold or platinum level. Since our payment to the Marriott system is significant -- $12,000+ for the maintenance fees (not including the cost of the original purchase and the lost interest on those funds), it seems that it would be equitable for time share owners to get credit for the higher levels for nights actually used in that activity. I have written to other Marriott people about this, but the answer is just, "We don't do that."

By the time this year is over, we will have stayed in Marriott facilities 49 time share nights, plus over 40 other nights in various Marriott hotels (plus over 10 more using points). That doesn't even get us to the Gold level!

I don't think this is equitable, or recognizing the Marriott loyalty that we have shown over the years.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...