1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 6, 2008 12:42 PM by theroadjim RSS

Bad idea

bvanochten Gold
Currently Being Moderated

The changes to the rewards program are a shame. No blackout dates? Fine. Doubling the amount of points I'll need for the next vacation? A joke. Pumping up the point values on resorts? Outrageous. I'll have to think about joining the Starwood program. I can't believe Marriott would treat its loyal members so poorly. It just went from being the best program to one not worth continuing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bad idea
    theroadjim Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I agree 100 percent.  I think MR is simply trying to sneak in big-time increases in points needed.  Seven years ago, I left Hilton, where I was Diamond, in response to the same circumstances.  Now, I've got to find another frequent stay program because, come next year, my Platinum status with Marriott will be in jeopardy because I won't be staying with them any more.  The only think I can do is, 'vote with my feet.'  Others should consider doing the same.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...