2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2009 8:59 PM by anadyr RSS

Creating a new level for long time platinum members

norell Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Has there been any discussions around having a lifetime member status.  Example would be the million mile flyer for United.  Once you hit that you become a premier executive for life.  I'm a long time platinum member and I'm sure sometime down the road I'll stay less than 75 nights per year and was wondering will I just become a regular guest of Marriott or will they recognize my loyalty over the years.
  • Re: Creating a new level for long time platinum members
    kahunapremier Platinum

Marriott has a program called LifeTime status. LTS is the result of many years in the Marriott Rewards program and the benefits/earned entitlements given to those people that have stayed loyal to marriott over nights and years.

There are three levels of LTS: Silver, Gold and Platinum and is based on the following criteria.

1. Years in Marriott Rewards Program-12 years.

2. Year at Plainum level-at least 1 year.

3. Nights: 600=Silver, 800=Gold, 1,00=Platinum

4. Points: 1 million=Silver, 2 million=Gold, 3 million or higher=Platinum.

All of the four critriea will need to be achived in order to obtain Lifetime status. Which means, if you achieve this and NEVER travel again, you get the benefits of that level.

Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Creating a new level for long time platinum members
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    It's called "Emeritus" status--the card merely says it expires 25 or 50 years in the future. Corporate reviews all accounts every year I am told and make rthe decision to notify lifers by mail. Even if you've made it to Gold Emeritus, you won't know until the first time you fail to achieve the required annual nights be make Gold--then you are given the Gold Emeritus card, as I understand it.  So, work on those 1000 elite nights, 12 years in the program and three million points and you'll be a Platinum Emeritus!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...