1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 28, 2008 1:18 PM by bloombergtv RSS

**Black Out Dates = Loss of Marriott Elites**

xtremroadtrvlr Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Well, I come from a sales background and I know that when a customer feels they have ben "wronged" they start looking elsewhere for better service, support and benefits. As a Platinum member who has an upset wife to prove it because I travel too much, I have to admit that I feel "wronged" and the "Customer Experience" has left the Marriott verbiage. In these tough days where companies are cutting back on travel, one might expect a CIO of a major hotel chain would be coming up with ways to take care of their loyal customers. A smart move would to even enhance their Marriott Rewards Program to keep them from looking to other hotel chains with better benefits and perks. Sometimes you have to look at your competitors to see what they are doing right and what they doing terribly wrong to make enhancements to your own company. Tough times in the market only leave "smarter travelers" that shop for better deals and benefits.Since I am seeing the true nature of Mother Marriott here with examples of black out dates and other less friendly Elite offers, I have begun to shop my own destiny by looking at competitors that would honor my Platinum status to help me to switch to their luxury hotel chain and provide further enticing benefits making sure that I am happy and don't want to leave them. It comes to this one point Mr. French, can you look in your own mirror and say...."yes, I am happy with these Elite offerings and I would stay a commited customer for life?" You and your own mother would not be staying at a Marriott next week based on the way you are treating your Elite "Best Customers" Members, now would you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: **Black Out Dates = Loss of Marriott Elites**
    bloombergtv Member
    Currently Being Moderated
    extremrdtrav;er - well said........but blackout  date removal is good. i agree with all of your post on looking after your loyal customers. They even write letters to customers that send in too many missing stays but missing credits for stays are standard out of the USA. It is not our fault if a hotel does not post a stay. I suspect that some hotels even cancell my original reservation and then make one as if I booked it directly with the hotel. I like that Blackout dates will be eliminated at nearly 2,900 Marriott hotels, making it easier to redeem points. but it is alot of work to get the points when they dont post them. Is it worth it.?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...