2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2010 6:32 AM by twebst RSS

The NEW Beijing Courtyard Northeast - A real find!

anthonym Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from China - where I stayed two separate weeks at the new Courtyard Northeast in Beijing (my stays separated by a short trip to Xian to see the Terra Cotta Warriors). I've stayed at a few other Marriotts & Hiltons in Beijing - and was a little leery at first about this new Courtyard location. But, it is an especially fine place - nicely located at the northeast corner of the city (at the intersection of the airport expressway & the 4th Ring Road) - much closer to the airport (only a 20 minute ride rather than the usual 40 minutes to get to or from the aipport). The hotel is beautiful and the staff at severl levels - including some extra attention from the General Manager - could not have been more helpful. They upgraded me to the quiet Executive floor - where the new, well-equipped lounge was usually fairly empty since the hotel is so new & the lounge staff were consistantly pleasant, attentive and helpful. It's true that you have to take cabs to get anywhere, but I've found that to be true whereever you are in Beijing - and cabs are very inexpensive, always available and the only way to move around. Whether you're a regular to Beijing or a first-time visitor, I think you'll be pleased by this nicely-located, very classy but reasonably priced option.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The NEW Beijing Courtyard Northeast - A real find!
    marcus Platinum
    I totally agree with AnthonyM. The Courtyard beijing Northeast is indeed a great hotel and offers very reasonable prices. I have spent about 25 nights there in the past year and the service is always outstanding. Golds and Plats are always upgraded to the executive floor with lounge access and free breakfast in the restaurant. The pool and gym are clean and staff is friendly. The rooms are nice and modern with flat panel TVs. The location is quite good for business although it is far from the main sights. The Lido area is within a few minutes walking time and offers many restaurants, bars and shops. And PEK airport is really close.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The NEW Beijing Courtyard Northeast - A real find!
    twebst Platinum

I agree that this is a wonderful hotel and I had moved my trips to there from the Renaissance. I have sinced moved to the Marriott Northeast. The price is about the same.

Contrary to Marcus's report, the CY no longer upgrades to CL. I learned this on my last visit when the drinks and breakfast found there way onto my bill.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...