0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:27 AM by margretha RSS

Yikes!

margretha Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Ed,

I hope they pay you enough for having to be the face of what appears to be not a very positive change for we thousands of Marriott Reward Elite and up members who are also Marriott owners. I thought the way you sort of passed over the points trading option in your latest video response certainly demonstrates the disconnect between those hawking Marriott timeshares and you on the Reward side. It is made VERY clear that a key element in ownershiop is the points option. In fact, over the past several years Marriott timeshares are described repeatedly as "Points Farms" - weeks you purchase but use only for points - weeks that can be turned over for points every year. I also want to note the apparent loss of the HAL option for points use. Replacing the HAL cruises with a cruise travel agency costs your Marriott customers a great deal more in both cash and points. I will try to use most of our points ASAP which, I suspect is the real reason for the changes. I think it is ingenious to pretend that sales of the timeshares is one system hardly related to the Marriott Rewards points. You speak of transparency and communicating in your video but the fact people are still running into blackouts when trying to book after Jan. shows communication breaking down somewhere. Margretha

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...