1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 21, 2016 4:28 PM by into RSS

JW Marriott Spa Palm Desert CA

relaxing2 Silver 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
This is a resort I have visited several times over the past 10 years staying at the hotel as well as trading into Desert Springs Villas 1.  I recently stayed in Villas 1 for a week in Oct. and again was disappointed that "the rules" posted outside the Spa for cell phones and being quiet were not being followed. The staff was not addressing this issue at all.  Twice I brought this up to staff at the front desk and both times were told that if I had said something to staff they would have addressed it.  Customers sat right by the Spa pool letting their phones ring and then carried on conversations and staff did nothing.  I should not have to remind the staff of this when they are observing the same thing as I am.  I guess some customers feel that the rules are not meant for them.  Too bad it ruins other customers time for quiet and relaxation.  Other than that, the updates to the Spa were very nice.
  • Re: JW Marriott Spa Palm Desert CA
    into Platinum 16 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

This property has a nice lobby and nice pools which deserve a 5-star rating.  However, the hotel was built in 1987 and it appears that the rooms have never been remodeled.

As a Platinum member, I requested an upgrade and was given an "upgrade" room on a low-occupancy day.  The room had a Murphy bed and sucks!  When I requested to change the room, I was given a room next to another that the workers were making a lot of noises.  The staff ignored my request to ask them to stop!  This appears to match what you experienced.

5-star rating for pools but 3-3/4 to 4 stars for rooms that probably have never been remodeled since they were built in 1987.)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...