1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 9, 2008 1:04 AM by vegasfan RSS

Points at Residence Inn

dtalk22 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It appears to me that Marriott is finally catching up with the Hilton Hhonors program with one huge exception.  Why is it that when I stay at a Residence Inn I only receive half of the normal Marriott Rewards points that I receive at other Marriott properties.  I have a Platinum member for a lot of years and I have ask this question numerous times, each time I ask I am told that Marriott is looking at this and will be changing it soon.  After several years it is still the same.  I travel every week of the year except when I am on vacation and I have a crew of people that travel with me.  We prefer the Residence Inn over the Homewood Suites by Hilton, but Homewood Suites will give us the full points plus Diamond bonus while Residence Inn does not. In the last year alone I and my crew have spent a combined 600 nights in Homewood Suites for this reason.  If Marriott would start giving us credit for the full base points plus the Platinum bonus we would have spent these nights at a Residence Inn instead of the Homewood Suites.  When are you going to change this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points at Residence Inn
    vegasfan Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
      I have always been told that the reason you get 1/2 the points is because of the free breakfasts and evening meals that are provided there and not at their other properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...