0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:28 AM by hotelguest RSS

Disappointed Hotel Guest

hotelguest Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Ed,

I have been a long time, loyal fan of Marriott Hotels and the Marriott Rewards frequent guest program.  I have stayed in your hotels around the world, but in particular in Latin America, where I have stayed in the JW Mexico City and Rio hotels over 100 and 50 nights, respectively, and most other hotels in the region for dozens of nights.

I was very disappointed to learn about your new program "enhancements."  The announcements are all about the supposed improvements, such as no blackout dates and the fifth night free.  While these two items are positives, they are far outweighed by the significant increase in points required for most stays, in particular longer stays in higher value hotels.  Eliminating blackout dates as we enter a global recession when hotel occupancy will decline is no great giveaway, and the free fifth night was already implicit in the progressive reduction in required points for stays in the old program.  Thus, you are really giving very little to your guests, and essentially devaluing my points by requiring more per stay.  You have turned the unique and superior Marriott Rewards program into a copy of the Hilton Hotel program.

In the past, I often wanted to applaud the program's innovations and good value.  Now, I see a hidden confiscation of points amid a very misleading promotional push.  Ed, I am a disappointed hotel guest.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...