4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2008 1:04 PM by saintrick RSS

New Program Stinks

desmoines Gold
Currently Being Moderated
The new program doesn't help business travelers who add up all the points while they are away from their families. The points are consider by me a perk to take the family on a seven day vacation, not a five day. So I feel that I am losing points by the new program.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Program Stinks
    saintrick Platinum

I completely agree.  I am a business traveler in my second year as Platinum.  I also purchased a Marriott Time Share and one of their selling points was that you could cash in your stay every other year for 110,000 points which would buy you 7 nights in a hotel!  Not anymore!

I'm gonna burn my points and start the new year with Hilton Honors.  Too bad, I really like Marriottbut feel like they really shafted me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

theroadjim Platinum
    Will the last person leaving the Marriott Rewards program please turn out the lights?  Thanks a bunch, MR

elysium Platinum

I disagree.  I would rather have the no blackout dates and pay higher points for the room.  Several times I have had to pay $$$ for one of my nights in a multi night rewards stay because the hotel had no more reward nights left for a particular day. When a hotel is full this is usually not a discounted rate.

As much as I travel for business I don't always get to pick when I travel for pleasure.  The points don't do me any good if I am blacked out when I have free time.

saintrick Platinum
    Don't confuse blackout dates with rooms available for points - i'ts 2 different things.  If a hotel doesn't have any more rooms available for award points the no blackout benefit won't help you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...