2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2009 1:07 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Redemption of Award points

goromaru Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Last year I went on a family vacation to Maine. I had made online reservations at a Marriott property in Portland, ME for an overnight stay. Later, I realized that I had enough points to redeem for the stay but could not use them since I had made the reservation online. Once at the hotel I again tried to use my points but was unable to do so. Why couldn't I redo my online reservation to use my points?
  • Re: Redemption of Award points
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Goromaru,

This can be a problem, but I have had the front desk make the change at check-in!

Likewise, I have called reservation hot line, explained the situation and used points.   

Good luck in the future, 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Redemption of Award points
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Good questions.  Marriott did implement Change/Cancel Reservation features at Marriott.com which are easy-to-use and reliable.  I plan months in advance and prefer to call when reserving using points because I do not want the e-certificate to be redeemed immediately. I also leverage the opportunity to discuss special requests.  The e-certificate is redeemed by default a week prior to arrival.  Unless you booked an advance rate, a reservation can be cancelled and rebooked using points provided:

• Rooms are available for point redemption and
    • The cancellation period hasn't been reached 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...