1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 25, 2008 9:02 PM by sedona RSS

Rewards Redemption

mycroft Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
When redeeming points for nights for my personal trips, properties would upgrade me to a suite if one was available, the same as when I traveled for business.  On my last personal trip using points, I was told by the property that they could not do that anymore or Marriott would not reimburse them for my stay.  Why should Marriott care if a property choose to upgrade a guest to a suite if it was available?  How can I get around this or get Marriott to change that new policy.  I have a long personal trip coming up and I would like to be upgraded if it is available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Redemption
    sedona Silver
    Currently Being Moderated
    I experience the same policy earlier this year.  Howver, I stayed at a Courtyard in Madison, WI where I complained about this practice and was told that Marriott changed their policy and now allows front desk personnel to upgrade a Marriott reward stay if asked and an upgrade is available.  I hope this is true.  When were you told they couldn't give you an upgrade on a reward stay?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...