1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 24, 2008 2:17 PM by fresnotraveler RSS

Control of Vendors

jfnowli Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Marriott apparently has no control over it's vendors, some of them acknowledge the Rewards status and some do not! Recently I stayed at a Fairfield doing renovation that was so extensive it looked like a demolition! They objected that I complained. My profile says extra towels, so I can take a shower after a long trip and then still get up in the morning and take another shower before work, etc...do I get them ? NO! It's turning into a Joe's Motel without any oversight! I requested upper floor room, away from eleveator, extra towels, where do I get ? Right beside the elevator, first floor, no towels! The clerk admitted they do not read teh requests!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Control of Vendors
    fresnotraveler Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I have run into that too.  I was staying in McAllen, TX one time.  One thing I like is a king size bed, everything else is not that important.  When I got there, they did not have a king size bed because someone decided to extend there stay THAT MORNING.  I travel for a living.  Extending a stay is a last minute reservation and you are kind of at the mercy of the hotel at that point and just hope they have a room.  I have had to move out of my room into a different type of room because someone else had my type of room and I did not have a reservation for those days.  That is very understandable.  It is on of the downsides of travel. I voiced my complaint to Marriott and all they could do was forward my email to the hotel.  Didn't do anything.   I have Platinum status with Holiday Inn too (I travel to a lot of rural areas and they are everywhere).  Believe me; Marriott has fairly good control over their vendors compared to some other chains.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...