0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 1:24 PM by phiiliesfan RSS

What would make the stay better?

phiiliesfan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I enjoy the marriott chain and where possible I use them over others. What I have noticed across the board is that the major chains fail to accomadate on the following:

1 Outlets in easy reach of the bed for those requiring to use devices such as CPAP machines.

2.Enough outlets for cell charging and laptop use without unplugging hotel equipment. Always searching for outlets and those few hotels that have the lamps with the spare outlets are a great.

3. GOld card really has limited advantage while staying at the hotels. Many hotels have no comps such as breakfast , upgradable rooms or a lounge.

4. Showers for many hotels stink, I use more water and spend twice the amount of time in the shower in a hotel then at home. Why? the pressure is so low and no force that it take forever to get rinsed off. Not against saving water, just are you really saving if I use 5 gals a min for 5 minutes or 2 gallons a minute for 15 minutes trying to rinse soap and shampoo out of my hair.

5. The newer TV have some or all of the ports lock out to hook up device to. I want to use my laptop on the TV via the HDMI port. The menu button was disabled and would not allow me to use any ports. Common in my travels, not all hotels, but a greater percentage.

6. High speed internet, a joke, it is slower than dial-up. It is like they limit bandwidth and then charge $10-$15 for a night. I use an aircard now, cheaper and faster then the hotels but still slow compared to regular highspeed internet.

Curious if anyone else has had simalar issue and if there is enough maybe the chain is willing to modify some of these things,like having faster connections speeds, or lamps that have outlets at the base so we can charge our devices or use our medical equipment.

Again I enjoy the hotel chain just looking to see if these items maybe worth bringing to the chains attention.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...