0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:28 AM by retiree RSS

New Rewards Program

retiree Silver
Currently Being Moderated
First of all, I've never thought that the difference between the silver and gold levels was fair.  I understand that gold and platinum are geared toward business travelers, but there should be another category between silver and gold that rewards those of us who are retired.  I usually accrue 25-30 days but I'm rewarded the same as someone who only has 10 days of travel. The difference between gold and platinum is only 25 days, but the difference between silver and gold is 40 days, there should be another level at 25.  I've been complaining about this for years.  Now with the economy straining everyone's discretionary spending, I will have to think twice about how much I can travel in a year.  We're spending money to earn points and now you've devalued what we get for that money.  I also own 2 MVCI properties and ONLY stay at Marriott hotels.  You need to be HELPING your loyal customers in these down times to motivate them to travel (perhaps their only pleasure right now).  I remember after 9/11 you actually gave "double credit" for every night you stayed.  That year I was able to get to the GOLD level because it motivated us to go places when people were not traveling as much due to fear.  Well, we're all afraid again, this time how to survive financially..........so MOTIVATE us not penalize us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...