4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2008 5:56 PM by laidbackdad RSS

Earing the most points as fast as possible

martycommack Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Other than staying at Marriott's as often as possible, I am looking to frequent travelers to suggest other ways to earn as many points as possible. I have 40,000 points now but want to double that in a year for a trip to Italy. Please offer your suggestions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earing the most points as fast as possible
    lhabitat Platinum
    Keep checking the Marriott website for promotions offering extra or bonus points---Marriott VISA would help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fresnotraveler Platinum
    The Marriott Visa Signature card is an awesome option.  I use that for all of my hotels and airlines.  It makes your points build up very quickly.  I usually earn around 10,000 points a month just from my card.  You get 5 points for each Marriott hotel dollar and 2 points for airlines.

gweets Platinum
    I love the card too! I had a client in the Seattle area for 7 months and booked month to month at a Residence Inn. I was getting around 20k-22k a month just on my credit card alone.

laidbackdad Silver

Unfortunately with the new "enhanced" MR program you will need far more points to redeem for an award.  See below:

Category 1 =   7,500 points per night                                       Category 2 = 10,000                                                      Category 3 = 15,000                                                           Category 4 = 20,000 
    Category 5 = 25,000                                                       Category 6 = 30,000                                                          Category 7 = 35,000                                                               Category 8 = 40,000  

If you stay 4 nights at a category 4 property you'll get five nights. Big deal.  Are you going to Italy for only 5 days?  Good Luck.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...