3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2009 1:07 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Aruba

grandie2katie Silver
Currently Being Moderated

WE took our family to Aruba to our marriott vacation club last year, however this year, I was unable to get the dates that I wanted even though, I tried booking 9 months ahead. So I decided to trade my 3 bdr week;  the first thing the booking agent asks is "do you want to deposit your week?" So, I said yes, or else I could not have searched for anything . Then, he said, I can't get another 3 bdr anywhere, so I am "out" one of my bedrooms. This doesn't seem exactly right, so be careful.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Aruba
    rmt0528 Gold

Intersting....when you called II did you get to the marriott Owners' Desk?  If so, did they help you with "request first" vs. "exchange first"? 

In either case you still need to have a week booked somewhere as opposed to banking then exchanging.  We've done this several times and have great success getting where we wanted.  The unfortunate thing is you're looking for ARuba which is second in popularity only to Hawaii.

One trick you could consider for the future is to try and "trade" a week you've booked with an Aruba owner who is looking for a week in your property.  Just a thought....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

martyd Gold
    If you are an Aruba owner, you certainly should have had priority over others in the system for your week this year. As a fellow 3Bdrm owner, I can tell you that I've had the same experience with II (and have even been told that people don't typically trade their 2 Bdrm units). Ihave been able to get 2 Bdrms, however, by being patient. I'm retired, and can therefore give II a pretty big window to work with. If you must focus on one week, the secret is to call in to reserve it as soon as the new reservation seaason opens. That would be 12 Mos. before your arrival date............

tjcnewyork Platinum

grandie

I own a 3 bedroom at a different resort and have learned that when exchanging at resorts that have comparable or less bedrooms, the strategy is to go for 2 villas, a 2 bedroom plus a 2 bedroom or studio.  The Marriott Desk at II is trained to accomodate 3 bedroom owners. The second and smaller villa is provided at a very steep discount for the length of your stay.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...