1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2009 1:02 AM by whitesox2005 RSS

New Points Plan

woodencanoe Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I came here to complain about the new plan but see that many people beat me to it.  None the less, I would like to join the group in saying that the new point system is definately less generous than the old.  Others here have done the math and I think you knew very well what you were doing so all I want to know is why are you downgrading the Marriott Rewards program?  I was staying exclusively at Marriott although it is not a prefferred hotel for my company.  I have saved my points carefully and was looking forward to some fine vacations at Marriott hotels but now the finish line has been moved.

Marriott, you owe us an explaination and if the response, so far, is an indication, should rethink the changes to the plan.  Remember what happened to Coca Cola Corp when they messed with the Coke formula.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Points Plan
    whitesox2005 Silver 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    I couldn't agree more.  5th night free is great for those that take week long vacations, but we always use our points for weekend getaways, or long weekends, which in effect are anywhere from 15-25% more points than they used to be.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...