0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:29 AM by kevinl RSS

Room Upgrade Policy

kevinl Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been looking for a way to communicate my disappointment with Marriot award policy in regards to room upgrades, specifically with Fairfield Inns from a King room to a suite.  While this upgrade often happens based on the hotel management and person at the desk, it is not a Gold upgrade option.  Yes a Gold member can be upgraded from a queen to a king, if available, but if you book the king to start with there is no upgrade path.  What really tweaked me is the delta in cost between the queen, king and suite is often about the same, depending on location.  I spoke with hotel management, nice enough folks, and read the terms and conditions several times.  I switched to Hilton about 8 months ago, not because they offer better rewards, but because I could not find a way to voice my complaint to anyone who could explain the logic or even cared why it mattered to me.

PS Traveling the USA southeast 13 states I have been disappointed in consistence with the Fairfield chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...