0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:28 AM by monesy RSS

Marriott Going Down Hill

monesy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Ed - First, thanks for the opportunity to comment - I spent many years in the hotel biz...and know that if you are not aware of an issue, you can not fix it....so I do my part to make those aware where possible..and it's nice to see you are offering to hear comments...by now...you have seen that your program changes are less favourable among your most loyal...including me...I actually spend less night at Marriott now, even though still a Platinum, because your points program has become more limiting...not only are the categories assigned to certain proiperties way out of whack...for this upcoming weekend you watned 50,000 points for two nights I secured on line for $103/night....but the upkeep of some of the locations (and I know they are franchises) are just not up to par...but you are announcing the "excitment" of charging more to stay there...most o fmy travel is for business, and I use the points for personal use....but finding more and more wither not available, or what has taken 4 months to save (even with my Marriott visa as well as nights) I can wipe out with 1 night at one of your properties. I don't want a newspaper, a bottle of water, or the ability to get a room when sold out within 48 hours at a much higher rate - I want to be able to use my points at a fair rate, at a nice property, at any time. The otehr comments have provided enough detail...please consider the target audience - we live in your hotels and are the staple of your base business...please don't chase me completely away to Hilton....I'm already a Silver VIP with them...and my points are going further....Cheers

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...