2 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 12:12 PM by pluto77 RSS

New Rewards Program HUGELY disappointing

minnesotaman Silver
Currently Being Moderated
I have been a loyal Marriott Rewards member since the 1980's and have been saving points from hotel stays, Marriott VISA, meeting planning.  My goal was to take my family on one big European vacation with the accumulated points.  The new program devalues my point value and destroys our dreams.  I am seriously considering switching point programs to Hilton or Starwood.   This is a lousy program thinly veiled as a program enhancement.   SHAME ON YOU!  Whoever thought of this should be fired. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Rewards Program HUGELY disappointing
    acv Platinum

What changes are (will occur) occurring in the program?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Rewards Program HUGELY disappointing
      pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

This is an old post from 2010.  I cannot be certain of course, but I believe this member may be referring to when Marriott changed their rewards program from a fixed amount of points (for instance 150K points for a 7 night stay at a Cat 7 hotel) to the current program where you stay 4 nights on points and get the 5th night free.  Another change made was the addition of a Category 8 hotel.  These changes caused stays to cost more points.

I never stay  7 nights in one location, so the buy 4 nights on points, get the 5th night free works for me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...