0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:28 AM by actionjackson RSS

Huge PR Problem

actionjackson Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for over a quarter century.  I am not the most knowledgable Marriott Rewards member when it comes to knowing the in's and out's of the program, but I am a seasoned PR professional, and I can tell you that you have a HUGE, yes GIGANTIC, PR problem on your hands.  Anytime you read this much negative mail from your loyal user base, it is not good!  And, unless you deal with it quickly, it will spiral out of control and you will see those loyal users begin to leave for other rewards programs.  My suggestion:  Do what Coke did when they allienated their core user base by introducing new Coke.....they admitted they made a mistake, and went back to the tried and true formula!  Ed, you may not want to hear it, but you guys have made a huge mistake and it will backfire on the company.  You can recoup short-term losses by admitting fault now, but it will be virtually impossible to rectify the situation if you sit on it thinking it is not an issue or it will get better.  Admit your mistakes, go back to the more favorable point system, communicate with your customers and they will respect you for doing all of the above -- in fact, they may become even more loyal!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...