18 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 10:30 PM by lone6star RSS

"Adult" Movies at Marriott

trinitytown Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Love Marriott.  Best hotel chain in the world.  I'm platinum with them.  Only one gripe, though.  Offering "adult" movies is tacky.  I know I can have it turned off.  I don't watch it anyhow.  But don't like to think that my favorite hotel chain offers that slime.

Maybe if enough of us speak up, "adult movies" will go the way of smoking at Marriott.

• Re: "Adult" Movies at Marriott
    nbanfield Platinum 1 Reviews
    While attending my MBA program at Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University. this topic came up in our ethics class.  We had a mix of feelings, but it came down to offering services requested by the customers. No nned to watch and you can restrict viewing if you have youngsters with you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Entertainment content offerings vary across the Marriott portfolio, actually.  For example, at Marriott Vacation Club resorts which offer 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas intended for famililes, DirecTV is the 'brand' standard in the US.  Since the villas are owned on a timeshare basis, the Condominium Owners Association (COA) or Home Owners Association (HOA) board of directors determine what package of channels their resort will subscribe to.  I am not aware of any MVCI resort that subscribes to adult content.  

In the commercial hotel environment, the adult offering is just that.  It's not up to Marriott to censor content, this is the right of individuals and parents. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Agree with that post entirely, but folks will tell you that it is a cash cow for them.  Providers will tell you that it is their first amendment right to show these for money, and that they have a way to block access for minors and others offended.

Nonetheless, seems that there  must be a group within this forum who find the whole mess tacky and not-necessary.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hi  Everyone. Been a few weeks. Anyway, just as at home, or wherever you choose to go, I think you should have a right of full choice, as long as children and that sort of business is not involved. I do not think it is "tacky", as if I utilized it, and trust me I would state, but as of the last 20 years + do not, is an indi

vidual decision, which I am sure they charge you a small fortune for the "privledge", but anyway, you can acess it just about anywhere, so who cares if Marriott grants access?  Just more expensive, and I guess if that is your thing, at least you can put it on your folio and get Marriott points for it...who really cares unless you are going to utilize it. The other chains offer it. Oh boy. Please do not take this as sarcasam, anyone, as I am not in the best mood tonite, 12 hour day with zero in 24, all work related. Hope everyone is doing well. Want to talk about strange, comma, wierd, , etc., etc., stuff, did anybody get this (Sorry, I have not been around for a few weeks, so I am going to copy as sent, sorry if this issue has been brought up:

To: alrenaissance  

Sent: May 27, 2012

Subject: Private Message: Hello

Hello

I am joy benson  good looking girl i am humble and cool

above all i am loving and caring i have gone through your profile :on this site

treuly it is quite intresting to me i will like to have a good relationship

with you so kindly get incontact with me through this address (joybenson288@yahoo.com)

so that i can tell you more about myself and also give you my picture hope to hear from you soon favuor

please reply in my private box.

Also got a follow up with a picture and big sob story. She must have gotten my email from the site here, which I will still leave on, as I am not deterred by freaks like this from allowing my public email to remain free for others to converse with. No big deal I guess. A fly in the ointment. She did not send an obscene photo, thankfully, actually, I can share it with you folks (sorry if once again this is repititious):

joy Benson joybenson288@yahoo.com
      May 28 (13 days ago)

to me

Hello my Dearest One and my God sent,

I am more than happy in your reply to my mail.How was your day today? Hope fine. together with your business and your entire family?I guess that everything is OK with you.
      I know this mail will not come to you as a surprise since we have not had a previous correspondence,please bear with me.
      I am more than happy to read your interesting mail from site and i hope that you are fine and healthy, I have noticed that you are the kind of man i am looking for since all this while, i believe that you are a trust worthy and caring person, that's what makes me to disclose my identity to you.

My  name is Miss Joy Benson ,23 years old from Rwanda  East Africa Region and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar  Senegal as a result of the  the killing of my family by the rebels on last year  please don't be discouraged for hearing this.I believe deep down inside me that you will never break my heart or let me down in anyway.I am from the family of late Dr Dion Benson. My late father Dr Dion Benson,  was chairman managing director  (BENSON INDUSTRIAL COMPANY LTD),in Kigali  the capital of my. The  brutal killing of my mother and my father, one kid sister and kid brother  took place one early morning by the rebels as a result of the civil war that is going on until now in Rwanda. I was in my second year in Applied Mathematics department of University of Kigali  in  Rwanda before the death of my loved Parents. I contacted you for a possible help. My step mother was a very wicked woman and she intend to kill me since my father and my real biological mother is died. Then she planned to take away all my late father's property and some other valuable find my way out of my country because I have seen what she is planning to do to me.  I things from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Parents. Meanwhile I wanted to thereby plan to go to Europe, but she hide my international passport and other valuable traveling documents. Luckily she did not found where I kept my fathers File which contains important documents.

I managed to escape with the documents which covers my late father's deposited money$6.7M US Dollars(Six Million seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars). which he use my name as the next of kin. Meanwhile,I am still residing here as a refugee under the UNITED NATIONS COUNCIL FOR REFUGEES, i am saddled with the problem of securing a trust worthy foreign personality to help me transfer the money from the bank pending my arrival in your country. I will like to see you face to face soon.Furthermore, on your wish you can contact the bank for confirmation and you can communicate directly with them regarding this fund of my late father which was deposited in their custody. I am giving you this offer as mentioned with every confidence on your acceptance to assist me retrieve the money from the bank and transfer to your nominated account. I will like to further my studies as soon as i arrive to your country, please try to help me to achieve this goal as i have a desire to become a famous personality in the nearest future. I will be pleased if you can do this for me.

You can reach me through this number(+221-77-14-535-99) It is a Reverend Fathers phone number, by name Reverend Father John  Paul son, if you call, please ask of Joy Benson. When ever you call, try to tell him that you want to speak with  Joy Benson, i am staying in the woman hostel. I have already inform him, that some one will call me through his phone. He will send for me from the hostel to come and speak with you.  So please do not fail to call me, because I need to hear your voice too.
      So on your which to help me out i will like to have your data such as:

(1) your Home address-------------------
      (2) your full name ------------------------
      (3) your phone number-----------------
      (4)Your country------------------------
      (5) your age -------------------------------
      (6)your picture--------------------------

Immediately i receive this i will give you the contact of the bank where the money was deposited for you to contact them.
      Bye and take a good care of yourself,have a nice day.

Awaiting to hear from you soonest
      Yours sincere,
      Joy

Reply Forward

Click here to Reply or Forward

ANYWAY:

Have not heard anything sice, as I told her off in a seperate email account, but it is a bit nuts, eh? Seen this before. Hope everyone is well. and hope to learn and hear some good stories and advice from everybody soon. - Al

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Welcome back!  So this is what she wanted and I just deleted her e-mail.  I could have given her by bank account number so they could put millions of dollars in to.  I guess I missed out!

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you very much for the "greetings!" Hope you are doing well!~Heck, we all know she is one of the Nigerian rip-off artists we have seen before (I know I have!). Strange that she was able to penetrate this boundry, as that is where it eminatted from. Not worried about the future on it. Sorry if there are misspellings. Tired, and not the kind of guy who utilizes spell checker.

Thanks for the greeting back! Makes me feel welcome! Hope you and your loved ones are well, and hope to converse soon! Are you going to send me special pictures too! LOL!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi Al, lots of Marriott Insiders heard from this person.  You are the first person that reported another contact as far as I know.  The CM was made aware of the situation and the person's account was disabled.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I am not aware that anyone can access your e-mail from this site. It is not a viewable item from what I understand the rule to be. If someone got your e-mail from this Insiders site, there is a BIG problem.

I agree!  The problem is that we cannot see just what others see.  After the incident, I removed everything but I still see some and have no way to know what others see.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I just looked at your profile and there is no information at all on your profile page. I guarantee that you will not see my e-mail if you visit my profile. I can see my e-mail on my profile but nobody else can. Marriott wouldn't allow it even if you could ask for it to be seen. This is not that type of site. That's why they have the 'private message' arrangement. What you can see on your page when you look at it is your private info that nobody else has access to.

Thanks.  I had a lot more but removed it after "the" private message that I got.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

agree with you here.  Unsure how this spam got thru.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Agree also with the post intirely!

There are numerous stops along the highway if you must.   

2puravida Platinum

I agree; bye bye tacky!

I agree.  This is a case of reviving old, over 3 years old.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Agree, unsure why this resurfaced.

dejamo Platinum

Dont you read the propaganda reports?

It's the "NEW IMPROVED" Marriott Insiders Website.

DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Yes!  "new improved"  Are we not lucky?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...