1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 24, 2008 9:56 PM by gerril RSS

Owner Reward issue

jkostal Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Thank you for this space to ask questions about the program.  Our family is very loyal to Marriott.  We use our visa exclusively and are owners at Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix.  We finally reached our goal of over 250,000 points and have booked our air to Italy in June (this is the second year of trying to find FF seats after miles were deposited.) We have received Travel Package Category 7 and seem to be having trouble confirming Hotel Flora in Rome, or the Marriott in Capri. The alternative Marriott (Park) is 35-45 minutes from the heart of Rome each way.  After waiting years to accumulate these points it seems unfortunate that, A. We cannot pick the hotel we wish to stay at, or have to wait until almost April to hear if they can accomodate us and B, We wish that we could divide up the hotel nights between two cities (not currently possible.)  It would be nice to see these topics addressed, as it is almost impossible to make our other hotel arrangements while we wait.  thank you!  Jodi

• Re: Owner Reward issue
    gerril Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I planned a trip to Italy, using Marriott Rewards points, this past June.  I used two hotel certificates for a week each in Rome (Grand Flora) and Capri.  It took me about a year to get the two weeks exactly when I wanted them, and in succession.  I also used a free night's anniversary certificate from the Marriott Visa for a night at the Naples Marriott hotel (category 5).  I looked into using the "3 hotels in Europe" certificate.  You can use it for just 2 hotels because you get a 3-night cert. plus two 2-night cert. to use as you please.  I guess you could do it that way.  I was successful in booking the Rome and Capri hotels because I was obsessive about it and checked frequently to see what was available.  At times, I booked one week and then cancelled it when it didn't match up with the other available week.  I finally got what I wanted, and boy, was it worth it!  Both hotels are fantastic and in fabulous locations.  Keep trying and be patient.  You may have more luck since in Jan., there will no longer be blackout periods.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...