3 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 5:03 PM by dejamo RSS

Black Card

labusiness Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I have been staying in Marriott hotels more than 150 nights this year, do you have any rewards or Black card for people that spend more than 75 nights in one year? A friend told me Marriott rewards has a Black Card level. if so, what can I do to get that Black card.
  • Re: Black Card
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

LABusiness,

The black card, is a Visa!  It gives you extra points for using, especially when used at Marriott properties.

Good luck! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

andrew_p Platinum 3 Reviews

Yes, you're right.  There is another tier of membership after Platinum and the card is black-ish in colour.  I think they call it it Platinum Premier Elite or something.  This is sometimes referred to as a "secret" level as it is not widely publicised.  As far as I know, there is no official qualifying criteria but over 120-125 nights per year should do it and I think it may be at the hotel's discretion. I don't think you necessarily get much more in term so f benefits compared to platinum but probably have a better chance of upgrade. Hope that helps! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dejamo Platinum

Reflecting on andrews comments:

You wont find an official requirement for Platinum Premier publicised ANYWHERE, from any official Marriott DNA, as it is a moving target every year,  supposedly the top 3% of customers.  But no one knows for sure if it is the top 3% in spend, or top 3% in nights,  top 3% for both.  You will never know until they do it.

You will get a Platinum Premier Card.........and a trinket the year you qualify,   could be a solar powered charger,  could be an amenity kit,  could be a subscription to the online WSJ for a year,  could be a Pet Rock next year, or maybe something you would use, .....or not.  You will never know until you get it.

I know people that have stayed 200 nights in a year, and did not qualify, and I know people that have spent $30,000 in stays, and have not qualified.  I personally have stayed 110 nights in  year and made it,  and in another year, I spent 176 nights, and not made it.

Nothing special as far as differences at most of the hotels in the way they treat Premier's -v- Plain ol Platinums,    there are no Marriott posted extra benefits between the 2 levels, except a different, super duper,  (gang sign and handshake required) special phone number,  where they only put you on hold for 17 minutes instead of the usual 18.

I was Platinum Premier for many years until I quit staying at Marriott's in May 2012,  when the benefits started eroding worse than ever.........(they continue to).

Now I have reverted back to a Lifetime Platinum.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa   is me...................dont know if I can live with myself

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...