2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2008 5:02 PM by hypermkiv RSS

Compedetive Market Pricing

dfwinsider Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I travel alot for business and the company I work with let's me choose my own airfares/accomodation etc: I always prefer to stay at Marriot because they are consistantly great and I know exactly what to expect. My trouble of late has been that in most cases Marriot family of hotels are $30-40 higher than what I would consider similar hotels. If there was someway to have a far market value for a room for us Rewards/Elite members then I would be staying at Marriot 100% of the time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Compedetive Market Pricing
    bleedinggreen Platinum

This is especially an issue in NYC, where I understand prices to be high, but I find it hard to believe that the laws of supply and demand dictate that the Courtyard is at 469/night while the Doubletree is at $319.

So doubletree it is I guess

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Compedetive Market Pricing
    hypermkiv Platinum

in those instances i ususally talk with the hotel sales department and tell them of my situation. more times than not, they ususally can give us a lower rate. 

try calling the hotel's sales team directly next time...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...