2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2009 12:57 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

adjust timeshare

timeshareworry Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm picking up on the person who is worried about the shrinking value of her timeshare for exchanging into Marriott Rewards, under the new program changes. This really does seem unfair. While good quality, Marriott timeshare is a lot of money. It seem unjust to erode the value of my 90,000 points per year if I exchange into Marriott Rewards. When I purchased timeshare, this was enough to stay a week at many hotel properties having quality (level of service, location) comparable to the timeshare. Now those points would not get us very far. While you increased platinum earned bonuses to help offset the increased point requirements for awards, you haven't done anything like that for timeshare owners. Shouldn't you revise our contracts to increase the number of points we can obtain for depositing our timeshare week?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: adjust timeshare
    sedona Silver
    You're absolutely right.  Our value of our timeshare property has decreased, at least when considering trading in for points, because of the hotel category increases.  I stayed at a Fairfield in Spearfish, SD this summer and it was a Category 4!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: adjust timeshare
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Very well said. 

To your point, see my post about a recent Preview Tour at the Enclaves at Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert.*  The Enclaves are 2 bedroom 2 bath w/lock-off.  The units are so tiny, it's laughable.  Believe it or not, the Trade for Points usage option is 75,000 points EOY (every other year).  But here is the real disconnect.  Marriott will give you 100,000 points if you refer a friend or family who purchases.  In other words, Marriott gives more value to the referral than to the owner.

In agreement with your statements, the Trade for Points option merits serious rethinking.

* Re: Reward Points for Marriott TS weeks.SHADOW RIDGE

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...