0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:29 AM by dbs818 RSS

Membership Categories

dbs818 Gold
Currently Being Moderated
I've always wondered how the number of nights necessary to qualify for each level are determined. My family and I stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties. No one in my family travels for business so to stay 50 nights for just pleasure over the course of a year is a lot of Marriott stays. I feel that unless you use Marriott hotels for business too, one can never reach the Gold Elite level. Why make it so difficult to reach each level? Shouldn't loyal Marriott customers be rewarded with more than just points? I would love to be upgraded once in while to a room with a fantastic view or free breakfast just because I am a great customer. Some years we have stayed 30 nights in a year, that's a vacation or two plus a several weekends for my family of 5. It seems unfair that the system is geared toward business travelers and not someone like me. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...