3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2009 5:45 PM by dadto3 RSS

Orlando In January for family of 4

shopgirl Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.  We are looking at Disney Jan 7th - 14th for a family of 2 adults and 2 boys 5 and 13.  Where is the best place to be in Orlando?  We would like a full service hotel/resort and have been told by several friends to get a property that offers shuttle service to and from the parks and that "downtown disney" is the place to be.  Any advice would be appeciated.

Thank you

• Re: Orlando In January for family of 4
    busyone Silver
    We went in January of 2006, and it was a perfect vacation. The weather was great. The crowds were small. And we stayed at the Horizon Marriott Vacation Club property. I looked online and got a great deal that included tickets to SeaWorld for the entire family.  The vacation club property offered pools, mini-golf and other things to do (which is nice if you need a break in the evenings from the Disney parks). It also helped save on costs becuase these were condos, so I made a big breakfast every morning before we left and made dinner when we arrived back in the evenings. plus - a condo offered a place to relax in the evenings, whereas families don't have much space to hang out in a hotel room - and there is certainly no privacy (which helps when you have teens).  And it was only a 10 minute drive from the Disney properties.  I would highly recommend taking this approach. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kcaluwae Silver
    Last time we went to Disney World we stayed in the Courtyard Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village and we really enjoyed it.  Quality service like you expect it from Marriott.  Next year we go back and already booked the same hotel again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dadto3 Platinum
    We stayed at the Marriott WorldCenter right outside the gate of the Epcot.  Beautiful property, great service.  The kids almost hated to leave the pool to go to the parks.  Close enough to run home for a quick afternoon break.  I think they even have a shuttle that runs you over to the parks.  We rented a car for the week and it was no more than a 10 minutes drive to any Disney park.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...