10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2009 9:01 PM by anadyr RSS

Special Platinum Membership

riverrat Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Property managers have asked if I am a level that sets regular Platinum members apart from a special Platinum membership.  Is there a Platinum membership above/beyond the regular Platinum membership?

• Re: Special Platinum Membership
    hypermkiv Platinum
    Platinum Premier is the next level.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

saintrick Platinum
    What is platinum premier?  How many nights are required?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

elysium Platinum

The criteria for Platinum Premier are not posted anywhere.  This is a closely guarded Marriott secret.  The one criterion that I unofficially heard was that you have to have 125 nights a year for 2 out of 3 years running.  Other possible criteria are types of properties you stay at, how long you’ve been in the program, how many $$$ you spend, etc.

2008 was the first year I achieved Platinum Premier.  I have over 10 years in the program and over 1,000 nights stayed.

hazmike Platinum

I am a Premier & last year I hit 143 nights. I've heard that the threshold is 140 nights, but it's not based on just nights. They also take into account the gross revenue you created for Marriott. For example, a guest in a FI at $129/night for 130 nights. a guest at the NY Marquis at $499/night for 130 nights. The NY guy is bring way more cash to the table. I'll hit about 120 nights this year. I was told that if I don't get Premier in 2009, to call them & they'll come up with either a challenge or a figure to buy it again.

I will tell you that I get rock star treatment in most every property I stay in. It's better than just Platinum. Typically I get points & the amenity. Suites are certainly in the mix too, even though the T & C clearly do not include suites.

Once I got it, I don't want to lose it.

Hazmike 

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I can tell you it is not purely based on nights alone.  My year I had 206 nights, my second year was 189nights.  This year I'm just over 100.  I was told it was something to do with 3yrs and maintaining a level above platinum and I've also read that its the "top 2-3%" of the member pool.

I would love to know what is required, though I'm only tracking for 110-115 nights this year.

globaltreker Platinum
    The formula for PLT Premier is a combination of room revenue with nights stayed over a 3 year period.

crussd Platinum
    What are the requirements for Lifetime Platinum?  I've had one for quite a while.  Don't know if it's a number of consecutive years as Platinum or number of Rewards points or what.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Platinum Premier is the highest level (at this time) and is only done by someone who decides at Corporate HQ. In a nutshell it requires that you be a Platinum member for three consecutive years, and stay at least 125 nights per year* during those years. Several 800 number people have made it clear that you cannot request the status (or beg for it), that it's done at the Bethesda main facility.

Now in my second full year in the Premier status, I find that individual hotels treat PP members differently; some are very gracious and willing to make things perfect, others not so much. This year all PP members have a year-long upgrade certificate in their files, which apparently means the best room upgrade even on stays using points.

____

*footnote:  the 125 nights mentioned above has varied from year to year and is meant to be a floating cutoff--if you make the top 3% of all Marriott Rewards members in terms of nights and revenue, you are in.  Some years may be higher and some lower. I am guessing that this year (2009) the requirements might be around 110 or so, given the state of the economy.  Just a guess on my part.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for the information!

The "God's" must be looking out for me as I really appreciate making the Premier Platinum level!

Marriott has bee great to me and I really appreciate the decades of their service to my family, business and to me! 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    me too--great people and great hotels--in spite of program changes I am not jumping off the MR express.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...